Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Fs2crew for PMDG 777 Prepar3d v4 is out

No upgrade pricing?  $34 US to buy it all over again (even after the coupon)?

Nope.

I could see $10 or possibly $15 to upgrade, but this doesn't sit well.  This comes from a customer that owns almost all the major FS2Crew products (777, 737 Reboot, Airbus, MD-11, Dash 8, iFly 737).  I'm not purchasing everything all over again at nearly full price.

• Upvote 7

Yes, I was excited and looking forward to updating to the new version, but I don't know anymore. I'm just getting tired of having to repurchase all my add-ons. This hobby is already expensive as it is.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

When v4 was released I just took a deep breath and said to myself "this is going to cost at least $1000".  So far I have spent about half that mostly because I had to purchase the PMDG products for P3D.  Anyway, I look at it as the price to pay to get the freedom of v4 and no more OOM's.  Unfortunately this is just the beginning of the cost....I still need to upgrade my computer that is getting very long in the tooth now.

• Upvote 3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

No upgrade pricing?  $34 US to buy it all over again (even after the coupon)?

Nope.

I could see $10 or possibly $15 to upgrade, but this doesn't sit well.  This comes from a customer that owns almost all the major FS2Crew products (777, 737 Reboot, Airbus, MD-11, Dash 8, iFly 737).  I'm not purchasing everything all over again at nearly full price.

Yep. I also think charging the full price is ridiculous. I really love the FS2Crew products, but I'm simply not willing to pay the full price again. Would have been happy to pay a decent upgrade fee but this way my wallet will stay closed. Sorry. Good that I have become proficient enough to easily fly the 737 and 777 without a co-pilot.

• Upvote 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I know it's going to be debated to death, but I can't help but echo the thoughts of others. IF it was a complete redesign, fair enough. No doubt there was a lot of work to bring it into V4, but asking full price is a bit on the nose. I like the product, but not enough to spend another $50AU for it.

• Upvote 6

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest JustanotherPilot

Simmarket recently had a 30% off sale on FS2crew, perhaps we could wait to the next discount cycle and get it, no doubt, the NGX and maybe the majestic Q400 will also be ready for v4  by then, so we could bulk buy at the discount price.

No way I'm paying again for FS2Crew 737NGX when released. Ridiculous!

• Upvote 2

Jose De Campos

London

Don't forget some products can easily be adapted to 64bit however some take a bit more reworking. FS2CREW stated a while ago that the software needed major reworking to bring it to 64bit compatibility. (I'm not a developer so I can't really appreciate how much time & effort goes into this)

I too would rather not have to reach for my credit card, however I also like to show appreciation for work well done and play my part to help keep this little hobby rolling for everyone to enjoy.

Waiting impatiently for the 747 co-pilot.

IM

23 minutes ago, DeCampos said:

No way I'm paying again for FS2Crew 737NGX when released. Ridiculous!

I have trouble understanding the logic here. You likely repurchased the NGX which went from 32 bits in FSX to no change in P3D except PMDG pointed the installer to the P3D folder but this is a problem.  

• Upvote 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

30 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I have trouble understanding the logic here. You likely repurchased the NGX which went from 32 bits in FSX to no change in P3D except PMDG pointed the installer to the P3D folder but this is a problem.  

I tend to agree. Couldn't fly without FS2 Crew anyway and the last thing we want is a product that's ill developed for the 64 bit era and causes issues of any kind. I'm happy to pay the asking price.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MarkW said:

The PMDG NGX is a different product.  Pointing the FSX version into P3D, especially v4 will not work.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Just now, Anxu00 said:

The PMDG NGX is a different product.  Pointing the FSX version into P3D, especially v4 will not work.

With respect I think you've missed the point that's being made here...

• Upvote 2

I'll have to echo the sentiments here...not sure I'm going to pay full price again for V4.  I fly the NGX way more than I do the 777 so may have to wait and pay up for that one instead........

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

4 minutes ago, Parping Couplet said:

With respect I think you've missed the point that's being made here...

My post is about " likely repurchased the NGX which went from 32 bits in FSX to no change in P3D except PMDG pointed the installer to the P3D folder" I merely pointed out that PMDG P3D version is not an installer change, the code is different.  As for the FSCrew 777 full upgrade, my solution is simple: I stay with P3Dv3.4, I have no issue with it, so no upgrade.  And I also agreed that repurchase with full price is too much.

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020