Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Fs2crew for PMDG 777 Prepar3d v4 is out

already been posted  many times  this  issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

No upgrade pricing?  $34 US to buy it all over again (even after the coupon)?

Nope.

I could see $10 or possibly $15 to upgrade, but this doesn't sit well.  This comes from a customer that owns almost all the major FS2Crew products (777, 737 Reboot, Airbus, MD-11, Dash 8, iFly 737).  I'm not purchasing everything all over again at nearly full price.

Just remember this.  This is a 64 bits platform.  Therefore it's a new P3Dv4.  If you move up you must be ready for anything otherwise stay where you are.  I am happy what I am able to do in this new P3D 64 bit.  I am very excited to see what PMDG can do with this new platform. This is the only plane I fly IMO they are the best in the business.   I want the latest and the greatest sim platform I can get.  Believe me I hate it when I put more money all over again but either that or settle for less. The choice is yours. 

David. 

2 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

The PMDG NGX is a different product.  Pointing the FSX version into P3D, especially v4 will not work.

This is actually not true. Years ago I had on my backup disk the Fsx version of the ngx. Version "c" and it installed perfectly in P3D v3. In version "d" this did not work because the addon was changed.  

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Look at Hifi's Active Sky... A2A, and a few others that offered a free update to 64bit. I wouldn't mind paying a small update fee, that would've been more reasonable to me than having to repurchase it at full price for current customers. This just left a bad taste in my mouth when I heard this too.

• Upvote 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So, I purchased the NGX and 777 Fs2 Crew, then I purchased the NGX Reboot, then I purchased the extra voice sets for both at $30 NZD. I am not going to puchase for the 3rd time. Crazy. The voice sets are now free in the 64bit version. Would have been nice to recieve a discount for owners who already purchased the extra voice set.

Funny thing is, I have been using the 777 without FS2Crew for a couple of weeks now, and have come to enjoy it more without FS2Crew. So, I can live with out it.

• Upvote 5

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I think fs2crew has a small target market, and the people who buy it are mostly those who've bought previous versions - so no new charges = no cashflow = out of business.

There is a $5 discount, the extra voicepack is included and the captains pack adds RAAS for an extra $10. Like you guys, I'd prefer a free update 😊 But I think I can live with this.

• Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I am joining those who are not going to pay again for fs2crew the full price.

Nice they included the voice set for free. This makes me feel stupid paying the full price for that addon in the past too.

So sorry fs2crew, in am out.

• Upvote 3

Carsten U

6 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

The PMDG NGX is a different product.  Pointing the FSX version into P3D, especially v4 will not work.

You're kidding, right?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Everybody understands that there was work involved when porting FS2Crew to P3D 64 bit, BUT: Bryan stated that he was not part of the beta team, meaning he could only start porting FS2Crew when P3Dv4 was released. That was one month ago, right? So he is now asking the full price for one month of work (and it was definitely not an entire month as he also updated RAAS)? How much time did he spent for developing the original version? How much time do other developers work to develop an add-on for which they can ask 30 Euros? How many years did Pete Dawson update FSUIPC before asking for the full price on FSUIPC v5? Come on guys, please stop excusing that ridiculous pricing behavior.

• Upvote 10

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

4 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

How much time do other developers work to develop an add-on for which they can ask 30 Euros? How many years did Pete Dawson update FSUIPC before asking for the full price on FSUIPC v5? Come on guys, please stop excusing that ridiculous pricing behavior.

+1 Spot on.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Come on guys, please stop excusing that ridiculous pricing behavior.

Couldn't agree more! Well said.

You always have the option of simply not purchasing it... Whining and complaining about the pricing is just pointless. Probably also why that kind of debate is restricted in most forums...

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well said Carlito, totally agree.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

You always have the option of simply not purchasing it...

And that is exactly what I'm going to do. And I would appreciate if others would follow suit because otherwise that price gouging will not stop.

• Upvote 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

now  to wait  for  the next  thread  on this  and  we  can  go thru  all this all again, thought that  kids  complain  more,but  not  anymore. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

17 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

now  to wait  for  the next  thread  on this  and  we  can  go thru  all this all again, thought that  kids  complain  more,but  not  anymore. 

You really have nothing to add other than repeatedly stating that this topic has been discussed before, do you?

• Upvote 2