Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Fs2crew for PMDG 777 Prepar3d v4 is out

Getting messages deleted just because you wanted to voice your opinions and concerns, this certainly reminds me of the admin over at x-plane.org forums. Not only that, he bans users and issues warning just because you voice a valid and respectable disagreement on things. Sigh, anyways. This really is the last straw for me. FS2Crew is completely out of my books for good. I appreciate everyones input on the matter, it has certainly open up my eyes on how greedy certain people can get.

• Upvote 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Great product great support but bad business sense. 

If it were me I would have offered a 50% upgrade fee and dragged over as many loyal and happy customers  as possible. They would then be guaranteed to buy all future products. 

However now that data base is split and alienated. 

Getting new business is a lot harder than repeat business. 

• Upvote 3

ZORAN

I'm not normally someone who participates in threads like this, but I have to say that I agree with the overall sentiment expressed here. A modest upgrade price would have perhaps been justified, but charging full price for what is essentially the same work recompiled to 64 bit is a pretty shameless money-grab.

In fairness I need to disclose that I have never programmed gauges or dll's. I am mainly coding in Python or Java (which are interpreted and hence highly portable) but I have also used plenty of  C and VHDL in a former life and I think I know a little bit about memory management and architecture, and I can't imagine a scenario under which Brian couldn't have re-used the vast majority of the code (after re-factoring), as well as all of the sound files, and ancillary files.

Going forward I wont purchase anything else from FS2Crew and will go back to reading my own checklists - to be honest, It's kinda more fun  anyway :-)

• Upvote 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

There is a simple way to put it: You don't have to buy it if it's too expensive in your eyes.

In my personal view, FS2Crew is one of the essentials for flying. So do I care if the upgrade costs 10, 20 or 40€? Nope...

Looking forward to the 747 version.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, swiesma said:

There is a simple way to put it: You don't have to buy it if it's too expensive in your eyes.

Who said it was expensive ? We are talking about price gouging, nothing more. I refuse to buy the same product 3 times.I purchased the extra voice sets for the 777 and the NGX, Mr York didn't even knock 20 Euro off for that. So new purchasers get it for free. I can fly without it.

• Upvote 4

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Who said it was expensive ? We are talking about price goughing, nothing more. I refuse to buy the same product 3 times.I purchased the extra voice sets for the 777 and the NGX, Mr York didn't even knock 20 Euro off for that. So new purchasers get it for free. I can fly without it.

Well, so why are you guys complaining then? ;-)

Pay it or leave it - That's how it works with everything.

1 minute ago, swiesma said:

You should walk away now, because you have missed the point. And I have made mine.

• Upvote 5

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

8 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Pay it or leave it - That's how it works with everything.

Hmmm same can be said for you. 

Your being a hypocrite 

You bought it so why keep posting? Buy it and leave right? 

• Upvote 4

ZORAN

26 minutes ago, swiesma said:

In my personal view, FS2Crew is one of the essentials for flying. So do I care if the upgrade costs 10, 20 or 40€? Nope...

Looking forward to the 747 version.

It's kind of sad that people like you support such shameless behavior from developers by paying any price developers ask for, regardless how barefaced it might be. This way developers will continue the price gouging, which is just bad for the community. But of course, you are free to do whatever you think is acceptable. 

• Upvote 6

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

20 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

It's kind of sad that people like you support such shameless behavior from developers by paying any price developers ask for, regardless how barefaced it might be. This way developers will continue the price gouging, which is just bad for the community. But of course, you are free to do whatever you think is acceptable. 

Stefan has completely missed the point and his attitude is reflective of a real nasty streak of elitism that exists within some people in the flight simulation community; If I can afford it, why can't you? You cannot shut down the conversation with an attitude like that because it misses the key point:

I have already bought the software. I bought it over a year ago along with the FO voice pack. 

The issue is that THE UPDATE IS NOT A NEW PRODUCT. It is the same programme which we have all already bought merely recompiled to work in P3D V4. Does this require work on behalf of the developer? Yes. Does this level of work warrant such price gouging? No.

The issue is that we are all being taken for a ride by the developer. All our backs are against the wall. We've all grown accustom to using FS2CREW. If there was a legitimate product which replicated what FS2CREW did then this would not be an issue because there would be competition in the market place. There isn't and the developer knows this, and your attitude Stefan is again reflective of his, "if you don't like it, don't buy it" mindset. 

Tell me, if PMDG can release the products which FS2CREW is reliant upon without a fee, then why can't Bryan? 

• Upvote 5

Alexander Lynskey

i7 6700k 4.7ghz, Gigabyte 970GTX G1, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

4 minutes ago, Alex222 said:

Stefan has completely missed the point and his attitude is reflective of a real nasty streak of elitism that exists within some people in the flight simulation community; If I can afford it, why can't you? You cannot shut down the conversation with an attitude like that because it misses the key point:

I don't miss the point. I simply have another approach than you guys ;-)

I see it like this: How many hours of joy does it give me? Is the number of hours worth the price? If yes: I buy it. If no I don't buy it.

But I do not go to forums and rant about the pricing policy of certain developers.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Venturi said:

You bought it so why keep posting? Buy it and leave right? 

Right, but AVSIM is full of the same boring "why are the cost so high?", "do I get a discount" stuff since P3Dv4 is released.

And I'm tired of it. But you are right, I will just leave this forum and leave you in your tears. 

3 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Right, but AVSIM is full of the same boring "why are the cost so high?", "do I get a discount" stuff since P3Dv4 is released.

And I'm tired of it. But you are right, I will just leave this forum and leave you in your tears. 

Again, it is not about cost <sigh> :)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, swiesma said:

I don't miss the point. I simply have another approach than you guys ;-)

I see it like this: How many hours of joy does it give me? Is the number of hours worth the price? If yes: I buy it. If no I don't buy it.

But I do not go to forums and rant about the pricing policy of certain developers.

Which is exactly the attitude which justifies this price gouging. 

I don't care if you bought it. It still does not make it right. 

• Upvote 1

Alexander Lynskey

i7 6700k 4.7ghz, Gigabyte 970GTX G1, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

6 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Childish post. Forums are for discussion but by all means take your bat and ball and run home 😑

• Upvote 2

ZORAN