Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Fs2crew for PMDG 777 Prepar3d v4 is out

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

he  already  explained  why  his  has  gone  this  way on other  threads  and  why  the  full price

Doesn't make it any better. But hey, in the end he is gonna pay for this stupid decision with less sales. His problem. The Majestic Q400 is really the only plane for which a co-pilot is really required. All others can be be easily flown alone. And it is even more fun, because it increases the workload. Not much workload in modern jets anyways...

• Upvote 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

he  already  explained  why  his  has  gone  this  way on other  threads  and  why  the  full price

where are these explanations?

I've said it before I'll say it again.

If pmdg had said they where charging 20 bucks upgrade fee,  fsl would of done actually the same and vice versa 

If aerosoft said they where charging a 10 buck upgrade free for their sceneries so would of flytampa and fsdreamteam and once again vice versa. 

It's only the smaller companies that are pulling this trick,   Ie justsim,  fs2crew 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Wow, we are all unhappy.

But I agree, have been a big fan of FS2Crew loved the Ryainair SOP for the NG. FS2Crew Stopped working for me, So I went back to doing everything myself and found I enjoyed it even more.

Charging full price is ridiculous. I will not buy it or need it anymore and I will not buy FSUIP5 at full price again. 

Taking the micky. 

When you think these things sell in their thousands, Peter can go on a world cruise for what a week's works perhaps 2 weeks work.!!!! I will use the free version thanks!

£35 x 1000 =£35,000. No wonder he is always on Holiday. Its very good but come on!

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

£35 x 1000 =£35,000. No wonder he is always on Holiday. Its very good but come on!

Envy is a sin :-)

• Upvote 1

Nothing to do with Envy, imo its way over priced. Nothing more.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Envy is a sin :-)

as is Greed.

and Gluttony, Avarice (part of Greed, which gets all of us probably pining for material goods) Lust (also probably all of us although not really relevant here) Sloth, and Wrath (admittedly some of that here, although my level of anger I wouldn't quite describe as such)

I think that covers all seven.  now that we've all had a theological lesson, and some have judged, even lest he be so judged, can we just have a disagreement about pricing of a flight sim addon without hinting that it endangers our immortal souls?

edit: forgot gluttony, as I was downing a massive triple cheeseburger while writing and my mind went blank.

• Upvote 1

Gentlemen( and ladies, of course):

Be careful what you wish for. Don't be surprised if that 'favorite' developer of yours tomorrow decides to discontinue its product [and] refuses to continue support.

I just look at it as most developers are charging again for P3D....now most did it at the beginning and perhaps that was an error from Bryan but so far I have had to upgrade the following for P3D v3 or v4.

PMDG 737, 777.

A2A aircraft

ASN to AS2016

FSLabs A320 (OK got it day one so did not have to pay for the P3D version).

GTN750 (had to pay for FSX and then again for P3D and now an upgrade charge that remains to be defined).

Captain Sim 727, L1011 and 737.

Other than the scenery developers (ORBX, FSDT, etc.) I can't think of a developer that has not charged for FSX and P3D (pick a version) separately.  

Just as an aside, I find the lower the PIC workload the better it is with FS2Crew so you keep busy doing things like the checklists etc.  When the aircraft workload is high, it is nice to have FS2Crew but you are kept busy without it.  Best use for FS2Crew in this regard is the A320 and 777.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Other than the scenery developers (ORBX, FSDT, etc.) I can't think of a developer that has not charged for FSX and P3D (pick a version) separately.

Yes, but he has had a bite of that cherry. This is another bite, and a big bite. Even if he had knocked 20 Euro off to those who purchased the extra voice pack. He chucked that in for free to new users.

As I mentioned before, cash grab as there is not many planes left to apply FS2Crew too. After the PMDG 747, it will be a few years till another possiable product.

And why has he not responded ?  Any other developer would have, way before this became 6 pages long!!!

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

It's his explanation that we are discussing here. What else has he said ? He has deleted any discussion at his forum.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 hours ago, GHarrall said:

where are these explanations?

a simple  search on the  fs2 crew  forum  would  have  found  your  answer

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

24 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

I was already in the 'general' forum and also the '777' forum and found little of true substance. I appreciate the 'pointer' though.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

you'd think so, but it doesn't.

only thing I've found was this:

Not sure yet.  There might be an upgrade fee.  I know people will scream and shout, but many of our products, like RAAS for example, support FS9, Microsoft FSX, Steam FSX, P3D V1, V2 and V3.

Just trying to maintain and keep track of all these different versions that support multiple different platforms is becoming massively time consuming.

that's understandable.  and warrants the upgrade fee he was talking about.  It doesn't warrant the "you'll just have to buy it all again at full price"  which is what I and others are actually not on board with.  if there's any explanation of why he went full price, my "simple search" couldn't find it.  but if it's that simple, suppose you could find it with your simple search and link it to us here.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, joemiller said:

Gentlemen( and ladies, of course):

Be careful what you wish for. Don't be surprised if that 'favorite' developer of yours tomorrow decides to discontinue its product [and] refuses to continue support.

That is every devs choice. You seriously can not think that any consumer would take kindly to being idly threatened like that. It isn't our responsibility to make sure that any dev can feed him/herself. There is always Rotten Ronnie's or Wally-Mart greeter openings.

With all due respect, Jazz