Sign in to follow this  
glider1

Can't adjust fuel quantity in P3Dv3

Any idea why I cannot change the fuel or payload for any of the non-A2A aircraft in P3Dv3? Going to the fuel/payload menu, I can adjust the numbers click ok but the changes are completely ignored. Happens in all planes default or not except for A2A aircraft which are the only ones working correctly.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Odd shot: try reloading the aircraft vehicle, that should fill the tanks?

Thanks Peppy. Tried that. I used the menu to put the tanks at 50%. Jumped out of the menu back into the sim, and fuel gauge still showing 100% all aircraft (except A2A). Reload the aircraft vehicle and the tanks are 100%. They do go down during the flight though, and I have unlimited fuel turned off.

Thinking that for some reason, P3D can't write the fuel quantity to disk from the option boxes in the fuel/payload menu?

I would think that since only A2A does that then it is an error with A2A

Yeah I'm expressing myself badly. A2A are the only aircraft that remember whatever fuel load you select. All the default aircraft and the rest are always at 100% even if you try to set them at 50% in the fuel panel. During the flight they drop down from 100% but I can never start a flight at 50% fuel load for example. Tanks always start at 100%.

That's the way at the Flying Club in real life, always depart with a full tank, always

Found the problem or as peppy197 says "not the problem". It is to do with how the airport defines refuel locations.

When I park the plane at Pago Pago Orbx international GA parking number 5, it always refills the tanks to 100% no matter what I set unless it is an A2A aircraft, despite that there is not a refuel station in sight. Slew the plane away from the parking area onto the grass and I can change the fuel to whatever I want and it remembers it. It also effects the payload.

Shake head. So as I taxi off the runway to GA parking, when I stop the plane after the flight, my fuel tanks are automatically full and I cannot work out how much fuel I used for the trip!

IS there anyway to turn off auto-refilling at airport parking lots?

1 hour ago, glider1 said:

Found the problem or as peppy197 says "not the problem". It is to do with how the airport defines refuel locations.

When I park the plane at Pago Pago Orbx international GA parking number 5, it always refills the tanks to 100% no matter what I set unless it is an A2A aircraft, despite that there is not a refuel station in sight. Slew the plane away from the parking area onto the grass and I can change the fuel to whatever I want and it remembers it. It also effects the payload.

Shake head. So as I taxi off the runway to GA parking, when I stop the plane after the flight, my fuel tanks are automatically full and I cannot work out how much fuel I used for the trip!

IS there anyway to turn off auto-refilling at airport parking lots?

I think you need to use Shift+4 , then use the mouse to fill the tanks.

also look at Shift+3 ......7

bob