Sign in to follow this  
jasonboche

Did Addon Organizer change my aircraft controls?

Good evening,

I was using Addon Organizer to add the VHHX airport to P3D v4. This airport consists of some BGL files, some textures, and one file that goes in the Effects folder. I added all following the instructions. I created one VHHX .xml file for the scenery and textures folders, and then I added "Other Addons" for the Effects file borrowing the same VHHX .xml file (I think this is what I was supposed to do). When I loaded up at the VHHX airport, I can confirm the new scenery was there, but the strange thing was that my controls for my aircraft seemed to be back at the default. ie. pushing my thrust lever forward caused my yoke to move. This situation was true for the Moony and the PMDG 777.

I exited P3D v4 and used Addon Organizer to completely delete the scenery configuration I had added. Once I did this, I loaded P3D back up and went to VHHX. The scenery was indeed gone and my flight controls were restored back to normal.

Jas

4 hours ago, jasonboche said:

Good evening,

I was using Addon Organizer to add the VHHX airport to P3D v4. This airport consists of some BGL files, some textures, and one file that goes in the Effects folder. I added all following the instructions. I created one VHHX .xml file for the scenery and textures folders, and then I added "Other Addons" for the Effects file borrowing the same VHHX .xml file (I think this is what I was supposed to do). When I loaded up at the VHHX airport, I can confirm the new scenery was there, but the strange thing was that my controls for my aircraft seemed to be back at the default. ie. pushing my thrust lever forward caused my yoke to move. This situation was true for the Moony and the PMDG 777.

I exited P3D v4 and used Addon Organizer to completely delete the scenery configuration I had added. Once I did this, I loaded P3D back up and went to VHHX. The scenery was indeed gone and my flight controls were restored back to normal.

Jas

Hello Jason,

no, the Addon Organizer itself is only dealing with addons. It does not touch any other config files, and it can't influence anything else.

The only thing that I can imagine is, that an error in this scenery interrupts the loading process of P3D, so it bypasses for example the "standard.xml" file, which contains your control assignments. Assuming that you are using the simulator assigment dialog, not FSUIPC.

I would do two things now:

1. Reinstate the scenery as you did before. Confirm that the control assigment is indeed back to default. Then shut down the sim, rename the add-on.xml pertaining to this scenery to add-on.xml.off, so P3D can't find it any more. Then restart the sim. If the scenery is gone and the controls are back to your own config, then it is not something that the AddonOrganizer does, but the scenery itself.

2. With the scenery active, turn on the content error logging and check what it has to say, if there are errors.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

8 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

1. Reinstate the scenery as you did before. Confirm that the control assigment is indeed back to default. 

Yep it went haywire again.

Then shut down the sim, rename the add-on.xml pertaining to this scenery to add-on.xml.off, so P3D can't find it any more. Then restart the sim. If the scenery is gone and the controls are back to your own config, then it is not something that the AddonOrganizer does, but the scenery itself.

Scenery gone. Controls back to normal.

2. With the scenery active, turn on the content error logging and check what it has to say, if there are errors.

[error.0]
error=Error loading "PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll." in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml."

[error.1]
error=Error loading ".\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll." in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml.".  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required.

[error.2]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - Number of Stations
 The Stations error repeats itself a few hundred times.

Odd thing is that when I enabled content logging, now the problem goes away. Controls are normal yet scenery is there.

I then completely deleted the airport using Addon Manager, launched P3D v4, went to VHHX. Controls normal, and the content error log shows the same errors as above. 

Summary seems to be the errors above are always evident whether the scenery is loaded or not. Also I can't trap any additional errors when I enable content logging because the problem goes away.

So I disabled content error logging, re-added the scenery back, went to VHHX and problem went away. I honestly don't know what kind of conclusion to draw here.

Thanks for your help and response.