Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Opinion requested for iFly 737NG Prepar3dv4

Guest JustanotherPilot

Now that User's of this aircraft have had a little while to use it in Prepar3D v4, I was wondering if they could give an opinion/report on how it goes in this new platform. I'm on the fence as to whether I should pay for the upgrade from P3D v3 or wait the the free PMDG NGX release. The Captain Sim 737-200 v4 update will be released shortly as well but I'm not ware of the time frame.

Personally I'll wait for the PMDG NGX. My experience with iFly haven't been the greatest... I had their 737 for FS9 - but for some reason, I don't like the FSX/P3D version... 

In my opinion, it just isn't up to the same standard as PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The iFly guys have put tons of time and work in their B737, and it would be stupid to say it were bad. As Anders wrote, I'd strongly recommend waiting for PMDG. I have a lot of "real world" 737 experience at least in airline simulators, and iFly is somewhat as realistic as Aerosoft's Airbuses.The panel looks like a cheap plastic toy, badly readable displays, and severe bugs with the autopilot and autothrottle. However there is no upgrade fee from the former P3D version. Myself I'll keep waiting. Eagerly.

• Upvote 1

I'm with Anders.I have both the Ifly and the pmdg (for fsx) and the NGX is better imo. Btw, the VC textures  in the ifly are nothing to write home about.

• Upvote 2

I think flight 1 has a 30 day refund policy. You can try it and keep it in the end if you like :)

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

6 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

I think flight 1 has a 30 day refund policy. You can try it and keep it in the end if you like :)

Actually - I think I already took advantage of that :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

10 minutes ago, WarpDrive said:

Baloney replies you've been given. 

Could you please just try and act respectfully towards other members? 

Just because the views presented here, differentiates with yours, doesn't make those answers "baloney", ludicrous or otherwise wrong. Answers here are clearly given as a personal and subjective opinion. It's all in the eye of the beholder... if you can't cope with the fact, that other people have different opinions or views, just stay clear. 

There's no need to be condescending or put down perfectly valid replies, just because they don't agree with yours. 

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Guest JustanotherPilot

Thanks All, I guess its best if I buy it and find out for myself, I dont mind having a stable of 737's.

1 hour ago, Pegaso said:

The iFly guys have put tons of time and work in their B737, and it would be stupid to say it were bad...

...The panel looks like a cheap plastic toy, badly readable displays, and severe bugs with the autopilot and autothrottle. However there is no upgrade fee from the former P3D version. Myself I'll keep waiting. Eagerly.

"It would be stupid to say it were bad...", followed by you saying it looks like a cheap plastic toy, has badly readable displays and is riddled with bugs?!? 😆😆😆

• Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

49 minutes ago, WarpDrive said:I much prefer the iFly. And find the VC actually better then the NGX which looks like a cheap cartoon toy. Horrible. A steel grey battle ship with no soul it feels like. 

Either way, the extra features and abilities of the iFly over the NGX puts it in front quite easily 

Some of us aren't 13 yr old 'phanboys' sucked in by 'clever' marketing. :)

Cheap cartoon toy...horrible...a steel grey battle ship,with 'no soul'. You're talking about one of the most-loved addons in the history of flight sim. And then the 13 yr old 'phanboys' nonsense, good way to impress the crowd on your 4th post, my friend.

I actually want to hear more about the iFly from more people who have flown it and the NGX, and who aren't madly partisan one way or the other. I own both in FSX, I might get the P3D version just to actually see what it is like. 

• Upvote 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

22 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Thanks All, I guess its best if I buy it and find out for myself, I dont mind having a stable of 737's.

It may be the only way to find out, I'm finding that there's too many opinions on v4 planes by people who have NOT actually flown them. 😳

Oz

The iFly 737 has the better VC dimensions without a doubt, they really got that bit right, but the PMDG is the better product in every other department.

I have (had) both in FSX (recently decommissioned) and am on record on AVSIM as saying I prefer the iFly 737 over the PMDG version based on my real world experience. The PMDG version is a superb product, with some not so good bits, and likewise the iFly 737 is a superb product, with some not so good bits,

For my purposes (emphasis on me), I prefer the iFly version because I cannot configure the PMDG version to match the equipment variations of my employers B737 fleet, therefore I cannot use it as well for work preparation purposes. The iFly 737 can be precisely figured to my Company spec.

I find the dimensions in the PMDG version very off putting. The iFly VC dimensions are spot on but the textures could be better (but with a 4K monitor, they are okay).

The start sequence timing in the iFly 737 is not quite right. The PMDG version is spot on.

The Nav suite capability allowing all approach types (that I need to do - emphasis on me again) is better in iFly. The sound set in PMDG is slightly better.

Neither is perfect, as you can see, it depends on how you want to use it.

I will load the PMDG in v4 when it is released, because I do use both, even though one (iFly) is used about 75% of the time (that I am practising).

When I Sim for fun, I fly Ant's Winjeel. Now there is a v4 add-on!

Regards,

Mark

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I used the iFly737 NGX ( Cockpitbuilders Edition ). Imho it has the best flightdynamics.

The VC looks great and everything is working. Only the PMDG compass is beter modelled.

As I have tried them both and I did not use failures I liked the "feeling" of the iFly better.

( See also Mark's reply above mine )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Gerard,

Is the cockpitbuilder edition different to the regular sim version ? If not, would you mind defining "great"  (VC) ??? I have  the ifly fsx version and my Vc textures are nowhere close to great or good for that matter imo.

Thanks