Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

Lord of the Landing in Prepar3d V4 - how to make it work

Hi,

you may be aware that V4 has problems with FSX-SP1 Simconnect (in fact it is broken) and some Apps that rely on that connection will not work. But there is a work around, which I will illustrate for the superb landing tool "Lord of the Landing", which inter alia provides touch down rates, center line deviation, bank angle, plots and much more. The App can be found in the Avsim library (v1.8)

You have to create two files (e.g. using Notepad++): Simconnect.cfg and Simconnect.xml. Place them at the indicated locations.

1. This is how Simconnect.cfg must look like:

[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=YOUR ADDRESS
Port=2024
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

Please do not forget to insert YOUR IP ADDRESS of your PC. If you do not know it you can use the windows console (WIN key+R), then type "cmd" and then "ipconfig" to find out your IPv4 address in your local network.

Place the file to your Documents folder (...\Your User Name\Documents).

2. This is how Simconnect.xml must look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>YOUR ADDRESS</Address>
<Port>2024</Port>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
<Scope>local</Scope>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

Please do not forget to insert YOUR IP ADDRESS of your PC.

Place the file to ...Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

Now Lord of the Landing also connects to Prepar3d V4 and works.

The same should also work for other Apps.

Important Note: Do not forget to deactivate Simconnect.cfg (Simconnect.cfg.off) if you still want to use Prepar3d V3, as this will block the add-ons in the exe.xml or dll.xml from loading.

Cheers,
Chris

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Thanks Chris, it worked for me, however I had to change the port to 500. Port 2024 did not work for me despite allowing it through my firewall.

cheers

Branko

Lord of the landing does not work for me. It does not connect (also not using port 500). Is it correct the cfg file goes in the documents folder and not in the p3d folder ?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

2 hours ago, willy647 said:

Lord of the landing does not work for me. It does not connect (also not using port 500). Is it correct the cfg file goes in the documents folder and not in the p3d folder ?

Yes correct cfg file in documents folder.

6 hours ago, branks737 said:

Thanks Chris, it worked for me, however I had to change the port to 500. Port 2024 did not work for me despite allowing it through my firewall.

cheers

Branko

Great to hear that the change of the port number made it work for you. Happy landings!

2 hours ago, willy647 said:

the simconnect.cfg must go into your "your username\documents" folder of your windows system, it will not work if it sits in the p3d folder. Could you check whether it is maybe in another documents folder that you have created?  Also make sure that you have the right and same IP address (IPv4) of your flight sim PC in the simconnect.cfg and simconnect.xml

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Actually I was wrong, the ports had nothing to do with Lord of the Landings not working. My problem was the encoding on the Simconnect.xml file. For it to work I needed to change the encoding to ANSI via notepad++.

WIlly I have added links to my Simconnect.cfg and Simconnect.xml files with the right encoding. You just have to put in your IP address. Hope that helps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0NeAQhLg05MNGZMeVdVNjZyaGc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0NeAQhLg05MYUZvWGNhX3NtVFE

Thanks Branko, but I need permission before I can download your files .....

I saved my files as ANSI, but that did not work ( I'm using Textpad as editor). I still have p3d v3 installed, could that somehow interfere

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

5 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Thanks Branko, but I need permission before I can download your files .....

I saved my files as ANSI, but that did not work ( I'm using Textpad as editor). I still have p3d v3 installed, could that somehow interfere

I think I sorted out the permission now. I have p3dv3 installed as well it's not interfering on my end.

Do you have more than one Simconnect.cfg file I wonder in another folder that might be interesting?

Also are you certain you have the correct IP address in both the .cfg and .XML file?

I found a simconnect.cfg in \hifi\as_p3dv4\simconnectfiles. It has a line 'adress=myserveraddress'. By renaming this file, lord of the landing is now working. And as far as I can tell, active sky is also still working fine.

Thanks for your help :biggrin:

5 hours ago, willy647 said:

I found a simconnect.cfg in \hifi\as_p3dv4\simconnectfiles. It has a line 'adress=myserveraddress'. By renaming this file, lord of the landing is now working. And as far as I can tell, active sky is also still working fine.

Thanks for your help :biggrin:

Good to hear, glad you sorted it out.

Truly great tool !!

One question - anyone knows if there's a way to get rid of the scrolling text report popping up automatically when reaching half of the landing speed?

Richard Åsberg