Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

XP11 Dvd version : Is scenery up to date?

Hello,

I wonder if the scenery on the DVD is up to date as I read on an other post about a new scenery updater that there was a big update a month ago ( around 40gig) for download version some time ago after the official release?

I also wonder if you still need the Dvd during the game or from time to time as a check?

Best regards,

Pierre

Hi,

Yes Xplane does check DVD randomly as a licence check, You only install the scenery for teh areas you fly as i am sure you are aware. Xplane onluy updtaes what is requierd. I have never had a 40gig update. I do beleiev there will be more 3d consumer updated airports added in 11.1 but that will be for everyone and file sizes are quiet small due to fact objects are already in xplane.

50 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Hi,

Yes Xplane does check DVD randomly as a licence check, You only install the scenery for teh areas you fly as i am sure you are aware. Xplane onluy updtaes what is requierd. I have never had a 40gig update. I do beleiev there will be more 3d consumer updated airports added in 11.1 but that will be for everyone and file sizes are quiet small due to fact objects are already in xplane.

It doesn't check randonmly, only at startup

Its only up to date on the day it was sent to DVD.  Over time it will require further updates as they release patches etc....

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

10 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

It doesn't check randonmly, only at startup

Yes but uts stil la random check. Doesnt do it everytime.

11 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Yes but uts stil la random check. Doesnt do it everytime.

Hmm I don't think that's correct. If you don't have your disc in the drive *every time* it will not start  (or rather it will start, but in demo mode)

I don't know if this still works for XP11, because I am using the digital download version...

But for XP10 you could just simply create an ISO image of Disc 1 and have that automatically mounted on system startup. That way you didn't need to have your disc in the drive all the time.

I used IMGBurn to create the ISO and Virtual Clone Drive to mount it.

Thank you for these informations!

I think I will go for the DL version because I have only an external DVD drive.

Best regards,

Pierre

On 03/07/2017 at 2:34 PM, mgeiss said:

I don't know if this still works for XP11, because I am using the digital download version...

But for XP10 you could just simply create an ISO image of Disc 1 and have that automatically mounted on system startup. That way you didn't need to have your disc in the drive all the time.

I used IMGBurn to create the ISO and Virtual Clone Drive to mount it.

still works as he said