Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

No shadows displayed: not cockpit not clouds

Hi guys,

yesterday I purchased DX10 Cloud Shadows. I followed all instructions to installt it beside DX10 Scenery Fixer.

I can't see any shadows, neither in the cockpit neither under clouds (above 1000 ft).

where I am wrong?

Thanks so much for your help, very appreciated

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

An obvious question but it must be asked... is your water slider set to Mid 2.x?

Greg

There is a pinned FAQ on this subject  near the top of this forum.  Can you go through it step by step please.

@lownslo: yes, did it

@SteveFx: this evening I'll try all step by step and report back, strange thing is that I got no more aircarft shadows (NGX and other I use).

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Ok Steve, now it works! What a fantastic addon, very immersive!

I think the problem was Water slider not set properly as indicated on manual.

Following FAQ (before found in water slider the cause of not working) I performed these step, could you tell me if I have to change something?

1) Use ToolBox.exe to add VC shadows to my NGX (before I can't see any shadows, today I couldn't see any shadows, maybe because I update DX10Scenery Fixer to latest version and overwrite previuos settings?)

2) click on DIAGNOSTIC, it told me that ForceVCShadowMap=1 was not set in my FSX.CFG, now added. Does is apply VC shadows to all aircraft that support them, without need to use ToolBox.exe?

3) perform these 2 steps as you suggested in the FAQ:

- Add the line DebugCloudShadows=1 to the dx10addon1 group in the dx10.ini in app data \local\dx10sceneryfixer

- Then rebuild the shaders - to do this use the DX10controller from the top menu select File->Debug and then in the dialog just press the apply button.

But now I always see red, green lines in front of me (like debug mode is active). But I deleted this line DebugCloudShadows=1

how can I fix it?

Thanks so much for support.

Little suggestion for you next addon: why don't to work on a popping-free addon? it's very annoing to see trees/buildings pop-up during approaches.

Riccardo

2)  yes ForceVCShadowMap enables VC shadows for all aircraft  no need to use toolbox anymore

3)  To undo just remove the line that you added (which I think you have done) and then rebuild the shaders

use the DX10controller from the top menu select File->Debug and then in the dialog just press the apply button.

I am afraid that anti popup is not possible without access to the code

Perfect, works great!

9 hours ago, SteveFx said:

I am afraid that anti popup is not possible without access to the code

Is there no change to obtain some improvement without touching code?

Riccardo

Hi guys, now I have the same problem with VC on MD11, no shadows displayed.

ForceVCShadowMap=1 is present in my FSX.cfg infact in all others aircrafts shadows are present.

So I suppose I have to use ToolBox.exe to activate interior .MDL but I can't run it: this is the error message I got

Fsx Install Dir Not Set (0).

System Error Was 2

Any help?

May this can help.....I uninstalled Steam, made a cleanup registry and reinstalled FSX Boxed, reinstalled DX Scenery Fixer and Clouds Shadows and all other addons. All works perfectly but no shadows are displayed in PMDG MD11. I can't verify in NGX because I don't use it anymore in FSX, only P3D. But I suppose is a PMDG related model issue.

Thanks in advance,

Ric

Riccardo