Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

How the headsets are used in the real NG

Plus on the yoke switch, it seems some of the guys that use it don't know how to do so without trying to roll the plane when you're handflying. 

Glareshield is much more ergonomic. 

Matt Cee

6 hours ago, Spin737 said:

it seems some of the guys that use it don't know how to do so without trying to roll the plane when you're handflying. 

Ahahahaha... that will get a glaring look.  I've been flying with the same guy for years and when you can put up with someone for that long a time in a Chancellor cockpit, ......, well we've learned to tolerate each other.  We've endured storms, two engine shutdowns, two loss of pressurization, many many delays and still only talk about what's beyond the edge of the universe when we are cruising along late at night under the stars.

Dan Downs KCRP

99% of the pilots at my company will take the headset off during cruise and use the speaker with the old school hand-mike.  while it is a noisy cabin, not so bad that you cant talk comfortably without a the use of the intercom.  we have only one 800SFP that has the glare-shield PTT, and our audio panel is on the window side, not the center console.

How are the stir sticks used for the intercom??

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bigscott55 said:

How are the stir sticks used for the intercom??

You wedge the stick between the 3rd and 4th (VHF-3 and HF-1?) volume knobs and it pushes the PTT down to intercom. Or so I've heard.

Matt Cee

On 7/4/2017 at 2:05 PM, Bigscott55 said:

99% of the pilots at my company will take the headset off during cruise and use the speaker with the old school hand-mike.  while it is a noisy cabin, not so bad that you cant talk comfortably without a the use of the intercom.

The difference in fatigue using an ANR headset full time vs. taking off the headsets in cruise is significant at the end of a long day.  So is the number of missed radio calls.  Just having one ear uncovered because the other guy isn't using a headset is noticeable to me.

• Upvote 1