kurtb

Blue Marble

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Never heard of this individual. Strange that he wants to charge an annual fee for product support. Rather than clicking for examples you have to go to the Gallery section.

Bill W

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BillW said:

Never heard of this individual. Strange that he wants to charge an annual fee for product support. Rather than clicking for examples you have to go to the Gallery section.

Bill W

It's Chris Bell who has released numerous versions of "Night Environment X" for various countries (I believe sold by Aerosoft).   I think he's selling this product independently, hence on his personal website.

Very odd though that the sales page doesn't give any description of features of the product.    I've been all over the website and still have no idea what Blue Marble is, or does.

EDIT :   Found it.   A tab at the top.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

our new shop is in soft lunch mode,
we are still tweaking things,  links to Blue Marble and our NEW Night Environment are up there in navigation bar!

site.links.jpg

Blue Marble here home page http://bluemarble.chrisbelldesigns.com/

Night Environment home page http://www.nightenvironment.com/

Can you please explain what blue marble is/ does?  Is it photorealistic scenery?  I'm having a hard time figuring it out on the site. 

• Upvote 1

As far as I can understand it is a satellite image replacement for higher altitudes.

What I wonder is, at what altitude does it take effect?

When I have FTX Vector and Global and maybe region installed: is Blue Marble then useful? When and why?

And if you are in an explanation modd: Black Marble brings global night lights, right?

Same question here: does it replace then FTX lights with Vector?

Are there any comparison shots?

many thanks, Chris!

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

our new shop is in soft lunch mode,

Hi Chris.

I had night environment for p3d and it was a good product.  alas mate,  Please,  I can't stand buzz words, whats "soft lunch mode" ??? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Can you please explain what blue marble is/ does?  Is it photorealistic scenery?  I'm having a hard time figuring it out on the site. 

Blue-Marble, the most detailed true-color image of the Earth's surface ever produced. put together from about 10,000 satellite scenes (each file over 300 MB) collected over 100 days, The original Blue Marble was a composite of four months of MODIS observations with a spatial resolution (level of detail) of 1 square kilometer per pixel. Using data from NASA's Terra satellite imagery four months of observations of the land surface stitched together to create a 43,200 pixel by 21,600 pixel map of the Earth, coastal oceans, sea ice, and clouds into a seamless, photo-like mosaic of every square kilometer (.386 square mile) of our planet.

Blue Marble and Blue Marble Next Generation. a direct and seamless replacement to sim's native outdated high altitude imagery natively embedded in every sim core dataset,

Using NASA's latest datasets we processed and compiled all 12 months datasets; coupled with our custom made night map, We are able to deliver for the first time ever a true and dynamically accurate globe from every angle possible all year round!

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

As far as I can understand it is a satellite image replacement for higher altitudes.

Blue Marble replaces Sim's Native textures 1:1 meaning the same LOD Sim uses natively
Blue Marble Next Generation ups the ante and uses NASA's Blue Marble native and full resolution to replace Sim's high altitude photo realistic textures

47 minutes ago, tooting said:

whats "soft lunch mode" ??? 

this means we are fine tuning the system live,
to some extent we are expecting something to break,
if we are being clever about it we can call it "Alpha" opening

lol,
to start with its all D'Andre's from ADX fault! :biggrin:

when we introduced Black Marble project we presented a third party video illustrating what Black Marble project aims at,
D'Andre (bless his heart) made a comment by mistake that this is how Black Marble will make your Sim look like during night time (at the time it didn't);
this festered in my brain since; because Black Marble didn't do that at the time, nothing did!
until one day the right path's crossed and Blue Marble was created based on that remark,

putting that little incentive aside; who wants to press F12 and see that old out dated globe textures,
we now have Google Earth Globe fully rendered in our Sim's with Blue Marble,

for those who wonder, this is Blue Marble spinning live in FSX
(make sure you set resolution to 1080HD, keep your eyes on the globe for the first two seconds...
you will see the old turns into the new for comparison)

watch it through if you want to really understand what Blue Marble is all about ;)
there is a surprise about half way through, wait for it...

9 hours ago, bills511 said:

Do we need another environment add-on?

@bills511

most definitely a resounding YES! :biggrin:
now that you know about Blue Marble...
how is our Sim anywhere close to complete without an environmental addon like this