Sign in to follow this  
757FO

still no review on the wilco 737 pic

Guest Pabra

do I wait for it so I can decide to buy or pass or is there a final verdict among the forum dwellers.....

>do I wait for it so I can decide to buy or pass or is there a>final verdict among the forum dwellers.....serviceable, but nothing to get excited about (compared to, say, LDS767, PMDG 747, etc.). A solid mid-tier release. As usual, crappy support from Wilco.ricardo

Looks good for the money (already pre-ordered)...remember you get 3 variants (300/400/500) for $39.99(US) vs. $54.99(US) or more for the PMDG 747-400 CD excluding the freighter.Btw...I have immensely enjoyed flying the PMDG 747 for the past few weeks, just think it

I love the PIC 737 panel. I'm not crazy about the planes. They don't look quite right. However, no prob, I've merged the panel to the 50 North 737s (great looking) and the Ariane 737s (also great looking) and I'm happy.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Lee,I agree that the panel and flight model seem to be very good, but the 3d model is not quite right. I think some proportions are incorrect, and the main gear seems like it stands too high off the ground.There is also a texture problem - all the passenger windows are too small and 'square' compared to actual photos. I think the rear door is positioned too far forward as well.All these are minor issues, but really put this package in the "mid-range" as far as I am concerned. It is a nice plane to fly, but the quality of LDS or PMDG is not there.

Graeme Butler

Actually, the package has a lot of promise. I'm hoping Wilco might respond to the general comments about the planes and do an upgrade on the model. I don't hink it would take much. Look at the work Aerosim did upgrading their L1011 model and, recently, Dreamfleet with their 727. Both vastly improved with some good careful work on the models. I am hopeful Wilco might do something like that.Lee

Lee H

I'd say it all depends on what you want it for. If you want it for a complex plane, the systems are good, there's a few bugs in the systems and they are being hammered out. feelThere is doing a terrific job with that. I bought it because I wanted a good 737-300 and 400 to fly in my VA that would have more to it than the freeware panels.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest vas_yan

I like it very much. The systems perform very well and the FDE is lovable. I found myself doing frantic repeated minuscule corrections with my joystick on approach, reminiscent of what I have seen on various 737 videos.It also has tons of character, paticularly in 2d. It somehow reminds of the old DF737 even though the bitmap is not really up to its standard. I am afraid that I can't elaborate on that any further because it is so subjective. Perhaps to illustrate I should say that, for example, PMDG's 737 main bitmap lacks this "je ne sais quoi" to make you actually "Feel There". Anyone interested should check the developper's forum at http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=15. Support is fast and efficient.Overall, if you are looking for THE 737 Classic experience in FS9, just buy it. There's nothing better out there. Regards,

Apprantly there is an issue with the vor/loc, and the plane catching the glideslope. Can anyone confirm?

Guest vas_yan

I haven't had any such problem. I'd probably classify those under "Operator Error".Regards,

Guest ThrottleUp

--------------------------------------------- I'm not crazy about the planes. They don't look quite right---------------------------------------------You know...I noticed the same thing but thought I was alone in thinking that. Not a huge deal if you are a "procedures-simmer" but if you like seeing your plane from spot-view a lot & like taking/sharing screenshots it might be a factor. Then again this a very subjective matter (like sound) and it will look fine in others eyes, no doubt it flies nice and does what its supposed to do :)

The panel is quite good after the last update. No problem on ILS capture. A lot of folks might be forgetting to activate both auto pilot switches for ILS capture. Also, you must enter climb, cruise and descent speeds to the FMC to get proper performance. Then the plane behaves quite well. The models need work badly though.Lee

Lee H

Vassilis:This looks liks a fantastic add-on--and I have the LDS and both PMDG Boeings as well which are superb. I am inclined to buy it as a lover of the "classic" 737 series, and flyer of the 737-400 at AVSIM Denver. Is this 737 flight model stable and predictable, and does it hold different modes well in autoflight? Any other comments or observations are most welcome.Thanks!JS

Many improvments have been made and I haven't gotten to test the latest improvments yet, but it held quite well before with the VNAV descent being the main issue after that. All the other complains thatt seem to be getting thrown around are from the rivet counters or the ones that think that if there's a switch, it should move and be programmed to do something. The nose is a little off, but I personally don't notice it unless I examine a screen shot against a photo.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest dolb

The plane is great, but is not as complete or up to standard as LDS..The only thing truley detracting the experience away for me is the stupid AIRAC Database, ahhh! Apparently you can convert the PSS Database.