Sign in to follow this  
757FO

still no review on the wilco 737 pic

Guest vas_yan

@JSACKS:There is a new download at wilco's site which fixes some VNAV discrepancies that some people have noticed. A couple of patches back it used to be a little unstable lateraly under AP (it was overshooting the intended heading) but not anymore.One thing that you should be aware of is that some SIDS/STARS have not been designed very well so there are cases when the plane behaves a bit "rough" trying to follow those procedures. It is not a big issue for me because I don't usually hit LNAV at 400'. And it isn't something that Feelthere should fix. Users can take their destinies in their own hands ;) .I say just buy it and you will see. Miniomal chance of disappointment unless you like your panel and systems primitive, your FDE worse than default and your plane's nose better looking (at least according to whatever crappy lense and weird angle the photographer at airliners.net used :-roll ).Regards,

Guest lalo lolo1

Yeah, I have just good comments about this AC. Very very nice, and I think it is a shame to loose a nice Virtual Cockpit and a great Virtual Cabin for an external model that looks good enough IMO.The only problem I find is the same as other FT products (the ERJ specifically) as the NAVDATA is totally useless out of the USA. Lots of wp missing, no airways, no procedures everywhere, except in the USA.Anyway FT is creating a new NAVDATA that will cover the whole planet to be released with the 777 (just imagine flying the 777 only in the US, lol) and I think it will be compatible with the 737 and ERJ. At that moment I will consider this 737 series as perfect.Leo

Thanks for comments and advice everybody! Very helpful. Looks like she's worth buying and if the FMC is deficient or problematic in any way, I'll just hand fly and use the MCP and FSNavigator for guidance.JS

I have hangared my FT737 as the gauges refresh rates in the VC are totally unacceptable. There is a tool provided that lets users set gauge FPS but it did not do the trick on my system. I am running other adds-on (LevelD, PMDG, etc) and get great refresh rates in the VC....John