Sign in to follow this  
regis9

How to Identify/Resolve Problematic AI Models

Try Thumbnail Exporter X. A great freeware tool that will automatically scan through all your models and give you great reports.

I used this tool to scan through all my MT6 and WoAI models and I then removed all models not for FSX or P3D. 

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Thanks, where could i find that?  Google search didn't turn anything up

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, tooting said:

do you have the camsim 787 installed ??

I do, does this one have known issues?

Dave

7 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

...or an incompatible AI flightplan. IMHO that has a higher probability of actually crashing your sim.

Thanks, I hadn't even considered that as a possibility, something else to look at.

Whatever it is, it doesn't cause crashes at my usual hubs (CYYZ, CYVR, CYUL, CYHZ) so I'm guessing it's one of my more obscure aircraft/flightplans, I'll have to start keeping a journal of where/when it happens to try and narrow it down.

Dave

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

I do, does this one have known issues?

Yes that's your problem I guarantee it.  

Camsim 787

Uk2000 scenery (old fs9 bgls)

RWS Uae,  Qatar,  Bahrain 

All of those will ctd your sim 

14ppkc-6.png

Thanks!  I'll nuke the camsim aircraft then, looks like inonly jad a single repaint which i should be able to replace.

I haven't installed any of my uk2000 airports yet.

Dave

So this seems to be more complicated/strange than I originally thought.  The crashing only seems to happen at two payware airports: FSDT KMEM & KCLT.  In both cases, loading either airport will cause a crash with AI enabled.  No crash with AI disabled.  I haven't tested every airport I own, but I did test a few others with no crash: FSDT CYVR, FlyTampa CYYZ, SImaddons CYHZ.

Here's one of the error details:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: menus.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a71cc
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000005100
Faulting process id: 0xd78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f52ae65fbc1e
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\menus.dll
Report Id: bbcf4de1-f446-48a5-951c-4891244ba373
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Having previously read that menu.dll errors are caused by issues with addons, particularly in the exe.xml and dll.xml files, I looked at both of my xml.dll files and found that I had a XMLTools64 entry in both files.  I disabled the entry in one file.  That caused the crash to happen, but without an error message and an entry in event viewer.  With the XMLTools64 entry disabled in both xml.dll files, the crash happened again but with the error message and event viewer entry.

I'm at a loss here, it seems something is conflicting between AI and these airports?  All I know is something is screwed up and I'm running out of ideas...time to go to bed and maybe something will dawn on me tomorrow.

Dave

Did you already remove any AI models other than FSX and P3D models?

Richard Åsberg

Haven't yet, need to grab a solid afternoon to work through all of those.

Dave

Ok, sounded like you already tried everything and you still were having problems but then at least you have one more thing to try.

Richard Åsberg

Try Thumbnail Exporter X. A great freeware tool that will automatically scan through all your models and give you great reports.

I used this tool to scan through all my MT6 and WoAI models and I then removed all models not for FSX or P3D. 

Hi,

I have been following this topic from the beginning because I was experiencing crashes out of the blue with P3Dv3 and first time on the week end with P3Dv4 that I am linking to issues with either MT6 flight plans or AI models.
The crashes were very reproducible with specifc flights (date and time) and did not happen if I disabled the traffic.bgls from MT6 (i.e. I could finish the respective flight without CTD).

Taking your advice and searching through the MT6 install directory for non-FSX AI models with Lorby's Thumbnail Exporter (great tool, Oliver - thanks a lot!) I identified +20 models that are of the MDL8.. type.
Some of the AI aircraft in The MT6 package come with a mix of FSX and FS9 models, some of them are purely FS9. It's a nasty mixbag and asks for a proper cleanup, i.e. either removing them altogether or working through the aircraft.cfg and allowing only the liveries that correspond to FSX models.
First of all this would be of course the task for the MT6 developers if they plan to make their software P3Dv4 comaptible; but as well for everyone else who would like to use MT6 on their own "risk" pain free until a new release would be ready (or until he/she would jump to a different AI traffic product).

Haven't yet, need to grab a solid afternoon to work through all of those.

To me this sounds more like a week's endeavor; but I will tackle it piece by piece. At the same time I will try to find and update AI aircraft that miss the [Radios] section....

Cheers
Frank

I went through last night and removed all FS9 models.  It actually only took me about an hour using the excellent Thumbnail Exporter X (thanks for the tip!).  Boy there sure were a lot of them.  Loaded up KCLT and had no CTD so that definitely seemed to help.  I'll try a full flight tonight but I'm hopeful that was the issue.

Dave

Great to hear and I fully agree, Thumbnail Exporter X is a really useful tool! 

Richard Åsberg