Sign in to follow this  
regis9

How to Identify/Resolve Problematic AI Models

I've always said MT6 was junk as the models are rubbish. Try ut2 or ut2 live.

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

I've always said MT6 was junk as the models are rubbish. Try ut2 or ut2 live.

So there are no old models in the UT package? 

Richard Åsberg

Bumping this thread and hopefully someone can help.

I have been getting g3d.dll errors and I've pin pointed the issue to be related to the AI traffic used by My Traffic 6 in P3D v4.

I've used the great tool described to identify the MDL8 type models and have the list. Now my question is - what is the next step? Remove the entire problematic folders containing the MDL8s?

For example BAe1463MX including all of its texture/model/sound files? How does the program know to ignore the removed models?

Thanks a lot!

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Either move the AI aircraft that have MDL8 model files out of the mytraffic folder (I keep a folder outside my P3D folder or any other active folder call Old AI and keep MDL8 aircraft in there), or you can check over at the Alpha India Group forums to see if P3Dv4 compatible model files have been released for that particular aircraft.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

17 hours ago, Shomron said:

Bumping this thread and hopefully someone can help.

I have been getting g3d.dll errors and I've pin pointed the issue to be related to the AI traffic used by My Traffic 6 in P3D v4.

I've used the great tool described to identify the MDL8 type models and have the list. Now my question is - what is the next step? Remove the entire problematic folders containing the MDL8s?

For example BAe1463MX including all of its texture/model/sound files? How does the program know to ignore the removed models?

Thanks a lot!

Shom

Just remove the model folder and keep it somewhere safe.  

So the FMAI Bae146 was updated to FSX in the FTX AU AI package.  Do you have Orbx?  If so download that package,  don't worry.  Yes it does download a ton of model folders and add flightplans (all which i use but then again i have a custom built AI traffic).  They all can be removed.  But you can fix say the Bae146 model by copy/pasting the model files from the one in the FTX AI package into your AI aircraft folder.  

I don't know what models MyTraffic uses but if its the FMAI model then you are good to go.  If its not, then don't do what i described above.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately I am still getting CTDs after moving all intact folders (~20+, mainly BAe146, DC-10, 767 etc...) which included the MDL8 files.

I think it is time to move on to Ultimate traffic live...

One more question though which does not make sense to me - I wonder how the program spawns AI traffic which these models we moved manually are part of? Wouldn't that cause a conflict/CTD as well? I would think you need to remove the models also from the flight plans or somehow via the My traffic interactive editor so the program knows not to ask for these specific models to be present...

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

If the model doesn’t exist it just won’t spawn.  Shouldn’t cause you any issues.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

45 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately I am still getting CTDs after moving all intact folders (~20+, mainly BAe146, DC-10, 767 etc...) which included the MDL8 files.

I think it is time to move on to Ultimate traffic live...

One more question though which does not make sense to me - I wonder how the program spawns AI traffic which these models we moved manually are part of? Wouldn't that cause a conflict/CTD as well? I would think you need to remove the models also from the flight plans or somehow via the My traffic interactive editor so the program knows not to ask for these specific models to be present...

Shom

It also could have something to do with a bad AFCAD or if you have MDL8 AI boats.  

But as Regis said if there are no MDL8 AI aircraft then it should not cause a CTD when running AI traffic.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png