Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Digital Designs LOWS P3Dv4 compatible?

The installer does let you point to P3Dv4 now, however there is a severe terrain issue.  As in there's no ground/terrain underneath the airport.  Disabling the terrain folder didn't work for me.  It appears to be jacked up at the moment.

Disregard last...i was talking about EDDP.  Not sure about LOWS.

dd lows works after updating SODE to v1.5 (x64).

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 hour ago, Greg073 said:

The installer does let you point to P3Dv4 now, however there is a severe terrain issue.  As in there's no ground/terrain underneath the airport.  Disabling the terrain folder didn't work for me.  It appears to be jacked up at the moment.

About EDDP: Installed yesterday. You need to make sure the Terrain Layer is above the airport layer as per manual instructions. It should be fine then :)

LOWS works fine too.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

yep installed LOWS now using the add-on.xml method and everything appears fine (so far).

Thomas Derbyshire

Has anyone managed to get the runway lights to work in P3D v4.1.  

The airport is showing fine (LOWS), but at night, the runway lights are not on ;-(

beta.gif

2 hours ago, NeilC said:

The airport is showing fine (LOWS), but at night, the runway lights are not on ;-(

That's because it's not compatible. When I contacted the dev, he responded that he will update the airport in autumn. Whatever that means.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 10/18/2017 at 2:31 PM, NeilC said:

After reading that the lights did work, I decided to give this another shot and the lights do work with the latest sode.

Here's what I did.

I uninstalled Sode, then as Digital Design Salzburg P3Dv3 was installing I renamed Installer_SODE_v1.5.3 to Installer_SODE_v1.3.0 and dropped it into the Digital Design Salzburg P3Dv3 folder to override the older version of Sode. After SODE finished installing I activated sode, added Digital Design Salzburg "data" folder manually to the p3d v4.1 scenery and the lights now work.

Thank you to the OP & to kdfw. I really appreciate it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

for a super short trip, dd lows to orbx lowi is a fun jump, esp on the newly released fsl a320.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS