Sign in to follow this  
Denco

P2A Doesn't connect to XP

I haven't been using the program for a few months since I'm waiting for CereProc to fix their ######. But today I wanted to do a flight with P2A and XP11 and the program doesn't connect to XP. There's no error or anything. I have XPUIPC enabled so I'm at a loss as to what's wrong. The log also doesn't state anything about this.

EDIT: I reinstalled the program but to no avail :(

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

There are no issues in P2A that would prevent connecting to X-Plane.  I just finished a flight in XP-11 and the latest version of Pilot2ATC.

You might want to reinstall XPUIPC in case that's the problem.

Are you using P2A 2218?

Dave

I've reinstalled both XPUIPC and P2A 2218 and updated the navdata to 1707. When I press on connect nothing happens. I never had this problem before and simply don't understand what could be wrong. 

I'll investigate this further today and to find the problem on my end.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Doesn't connect sadly. XPUIPC is running with my IP set and P2A does nothing when I press on connect. I'm really lost as to what could be wrong.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

If you're running on the same PC as XP-11, you should at least get the "Simulator Connected" message in the Speech Text Area, unless there is something wrong with the XPUIPC installation or there is a problem with the previously saved configuration settings. 

If a saved setting is preventing the setup of the HotKeys or Joystick it could be causing a problem.  Try renaming the AppConfig.xml file to something like AppConfigBAK.xml so P2A has to build a new one with default values.  That file is located at

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.

Hope this does it.

Dave

I'll give this a try as soon as I'm able.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

I tried with your suggestion Dave and I had no luck.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Program StartedPilot 2 ATC (P2A) - version 2.2.1.8  07/06/2017 20:28:59
Application frmP2AMain starting 07/06/2017 20:29:15
Application frmP2AMain ended normally 07/06/2017 20:34:48
Object of type SlimDX.DirectInput.Joystick was not disposed. Stack trace of object creation:
Object of type SlimDX.DirectInput.Joystick was not disposed. Stack trace of object creation:
Total of 12 objects still alive.

EDIT:

It connects to P3D though. Weird. I did change the Server adress in the XPUIPC.ini file to my IP and it still doesn't connect.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Unless you're using the Wide Client, the IP address is ignored, as far as I know.

With it still connecting to P3D, the only possible explanation I can think of is that XPUIPC is not properly installed or is not starting up properly when XP-11 starts. 

Dave

XPUIPC seems to be running ok. Here's a quick video of the issue.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Thanks for the video.  It looks like the Connect button is flashing...as if it's being pushed twice each time.  Could the mouse be double clicking instead of single clicking?

No, that's just me being impatient and pressing the left mouse button erratically. I usually had a small few seconds freeze when pressing connect when P2A was still working.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

I was able to fix this by running both XP and P2A as the administrator. 

Asus STRIX GTX 1080