Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

P3Dv4 and Saitek Controls

Hi there,

I cannot get P3dv4 to recognise my Yolk or Throttle in the controls section.  I have downloaded all the latest Saitek drivers and Plug-ins, however when I install the drivers ONLY the Rudder pedal driver completes its installation and shows up in P3Dv4 controls window.  BOTH the YOLK and the THROTTLE drivers will not complete their installation process.

I am not able to set-up an account on Saitek/Logitech support forums to ask for support (blank page and nothing loads)  So I'm thinking there must be Thousands of you guys operating Saitek Yolks etc.  Any Help or advice would be very welcome.

Many Thanks

p.s.  This is a complete new pc build running W10 and P3Dv4 all systems and files are up to date.

W10 64bit, Maximus Formula IX,  i7-7700k, 32mb titanium Ram,  Aorus 1080ti G/card, AX1200i, Be quiet Water cooled, Case: Dark Base pro900, All drives NVme 960 pro

Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Rudder Pedals work without issue for me in P3D and W10.

I think the first question is whether your Yoke and Throttle do show up in your W10 Devices screen.

Marc ter Heide

i use all the saitek stuff on p3d v4  with spad.next   and work without problems  in W10.

i never used saitek original drivers as spad.next do it all.

I don't use anything but a direct connect to the P3D Controls UI, works without other stuff.

Dan Downs KCRP

Get rid of the saitek drivers and software. You do not need it. Windows will install the drivers it needs, automatically. Afterwards, you should be able to test and calibrate your controllers inside the win10 control panel "devices and printers" window. For the basic saitek controllers (yoke/throttle quadrant), there really is no need for additional software.

• Upvote 2

I use the Saitaik yoke + quadrant + add on USB quadrant with no issues in both FSX and now P3D v4 on Windows 7. To say I've gotten a lot of mileage out of my Saitek gear would be the understatement of the year. I never pulled the trigger on pedals (yet).

I use the Saitek trim wheel, yoke & quadrant. No issues (OS Windows 10 pro) I do not use the Saitek drivers, just connect to the USB and wait for Windows to install the drivers.

Jac

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

Hi guys,

Thanks for ALL your help and advice.

1)  I've completely un-installed ALL Saitek drivers from system.

2)  Plugged in Saitek YOLK (usb) into PC

3)  observed in W10 devices and printers  a new category appeared named:  unspecified devices,  which contained TWO icons

the first one is named:  generic USB hub  and the second Icon is named:  Saitek pro flight Quadrant

in there respective properties section ONE has a code 28 error and TWO has a code error 1.

4) when trying to reload the W10 drivers for the YOLK, I receive the following error:

Windows found drivers for your device, but encountered an error while attempting to install them.  The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.  Contact your hardware vendor.

I'm really puzzled with this  because I know you guys are up and running with W10 and P3Dv4,  so if anyone has any ideas , I'm all ears.

Many thanks

If you are still seeing "Saitek pro flight Quadrant" then I would suspect it is not removed.  When I plug in a controller there is no special drivers, just open P3D Controls and the device appears on the device drop down.  Select the device and assign axis. Other than calibration, also from the P3D UI that launches the appropriate windows controller calibration wizard, it is all plug and play.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

All Saitek Driver have been removed and the PC is then re started.  However as soon as I plug in the USB for the YOLK after a re-boot,..  Windows automatically searches the Net for the relevant driver,   and this is when I receive the error message as stated in the above post.

Just for your info, as soon as I plug in the Saitek Pedal USB, it downloads the driver as expected and works normally,  ........ but when I plug in the YOLK or additional Throttle USB these two controllers BOTH initiate the ERROR as detail in the previous post.  Also have completed a W10 repair from installation disk, but it hasn't improved or corrected the problem.

thanks for your reply

Dang, that is frustrating. Have to concede that I only have pedals from Saitek, and don't have any game controller drivers installed according to my Win10 device manager. Interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your help YES it is very frustrating (so much for plug & play eh!).  It also appears that the Logitech/Saitek support forums are down too, so I can't even get support over there at the moment.  It looks as though I may have to un-install everything and re install Window 10 again and see if that helps.

anyhow I thank everyone for your time

John

Something else you could try: 

Edited by voske

Marc ter Heide

On 7/1/2017 at 11:52 AM, arsenal82 said:

i use all the saitek stuff on p3d v4  with spad.next   and work without problems  in W10.

i never used saitek original drivers as spad.next do it all.

Same here SPAD.next to program X 52 stick, throttle, peddles, and two multi panels with no Saitek drivers.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2