Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

P3Dv4 and Saitek Controls

Hi Fall_guy,

I had the same problem and absolutely nothing was helping.  The solution on my side was to restore the system (i.e. registry) to a status BEFORE any Saitek software was installed. I then started the driver installation again and connected the YOKE to different USB plug than before and suddenly the YOKE was accepted. I don't have an explanation, but it worked finally. 

Bruno 

I insist:

" the enhanced power management feature of Windows 8.1 was causing the device to receive less power than needed." 

I think is the same thing in W10.

Just disable the problematic feature: http://uraster.com/de-ch/produkte/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

I have cessna rudder pedals, cessna yoke, cessna trim and two throttles quadrants working without problems in W10 just after disable enhanced power management feature whit Uraster´program.

You are not alone Fall_Guy. v4 intermittently fails to recognise controllers. I have CH yoke & throttle quadrant, Saitek trimwheel. Saitek TPM. All of which have an axis go missing from time to time. The Warthog and the Crosswind pedals however don't suffer the same.

A restart of the sim usually reinstates the errant axis. I have noticed that this happens if I've been faffing between FSUIPC and the ingame Controllers. I think maybe I should leave well alone but...

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi guys--Some of you may recognise me from earlier posts migrating from FSX  to  this platform with a new PC,(W10, 1070, i 5 8600k but not yet working) and you have provided info that has been helpful, so once again I turn to you for advice.

Sorry to add/reopen this thread, and perhaps I should have started another after so long of no added responses , but has there been a recent update to the Logitech (Saitek ) issues with P3dv4 on W 10. either by them or any others out there? I find it difficult to believe that out of all the people that must be  on this new platform with this gear they have all had to fiddle about some 6 months after the release of v4. although many of you are more than capable of doing so,or are flying on keyboards. And if there is not a simple fix then no one is going to buy any Saitek gear until it is?

Or perhaps I have just plain missed it.

I have Yoke, TPM and trim + rudder pedals all of which have worked fine on FSX. and still have the disks but using those to download the drivers obviously won't work. I am not sure that anything offered on their website will actually  solve the problem. Will it? 

I have spent hours scanning all sorts of forums to see if there is an (simple) answer to the Saitek controllers/panel issues and I have seen loads of suggestions ( just plug 'em in and let W10 find the drivers, do nothing except download and get SPAD next (at more expense), copy from existing P3Dv3  file, which I have not got , remove this file and add this etc. use other ancillary add ons such as FSUIPC etc. Some who have looked at the new SPAD says that it is too complicated . At the moment I have not tried the 14 day free trial as if it didn't work or is difficult then that is something else I will have to deal with.

I see so many "try this" and people come back and say didn't work for them.

Is it so simple as Tavarinho as responded earlier? Not enough power? Use the remover tool?

Or should I be pragmatic like Ron and accepted that the odd problem is there but easily corrected though annoying. Did you just plug and play Ron or is it all through FSUIPC, which I do not have?

But I do not see anything that says "Logitech have  updated the drivers (at last) and it all works fine, go here", not even on their web site. There is a ref. to a you-tube video by Frans Jeijsman (?) but no link and I have failed to find it. I am no techi nor a tweaker and so the thought of having to go into the inner workings of the computer removing and replacing bits of programmes I find a bit  scary ( I have had well more than my 3 score years and ten) unless it is just going in and deleting/reinstalling things.

I am also reluctant just to try the plug in and let W10 do the work, unless a good few of you have tried it and it works, 'cos it seems that if it doesn't, that just might add more problems.

I just want a plug and play system with no probs, just as I have had for the last 6 years with FSX.

So, any new purchasers of this gear since v4 that have successfully got it to work out of the box.Any additional helpful advice that I might try, or even an update that some of you have tried and found to be a permanent solution?

Any help much appreciated.

Bobby

Got Yoke, Quadrant, Pedals & Trim Wheel. Everything works great. However, except for the Trim Wheel, the units were purchased years ago.  It's been awhile since I installed them, but I believe I just plugged them into my system, loaded P3Dv4, went to the Options/Controls pulldown, and they were already recognised, so all I had to do was reset/calibrate. 

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Several times I have found that a USB port just will not work with some devices. Try a different port if you have not done so. Also check the connection from your throttle to the yoke.

If you have moved lots of USB devices or plugged several devices into various USB ports then check out "USBDEVIEW". It is free and eady to use.It clears "clutter" from multiple devices plugged into USB ports

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi--both thanks for the quick replies. I am away this w/e so assimilate the info. and will try them out late Sunday together with any further that might arrive. Much appreciated. 

Aviatorman -- did you resolve the trim wheel issue or was it that you had already had your money's worth and just wrote it off ,or did you persevere? Mine is only about 6 months old so I am reluctant to ditch it as I found it  most useful in the FSX.

Hi guys --change of plan, rain stopped play here in Oxfordshire, so ,took the advice of AviatorMan  and just plugged each bit in separately and it recognised it and I have  calibrated it and away it has gone. Including the trim wheel! And I have had a quick fly around to make sure it connects in the sim.

Yippee.

Now, to download some ORBX scenery and if that goes to plan, a couple of A2A planes. 

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Bobby

22 hours ago, bobby said:

Aviatorman -- did you resolve the trim wheel issue or was it that you had already had your money's worth and just wrote it off ,or did you persevere? Mine is only about 6 months old so I am reluctant to ditch it as I found it  most useful in the FSX.

Hi Bobby, glad everything is working for you. My Trim Wheel works fine also in P3Dv4, and did from the beginning; all I meant was that unlike the other Saitek units which I purchased a few years ago, I purchased the Trim Wheel recently. I agree with you, the trim wheel is essential. I have been taking flying lessons (here in Cambridgeshire) in a PA28 Warrior, and much of the instruction is about trimming the aircraft. You trim it for the climb after takeoff, then you trim it for level flight, then you trim again to get the right descent rate and speed when you are on Final. You can't trim by pressing buttons, you need to have a wheel to get the constant feedback so that you quickly tell when all is trimmed. I have been able to replicate pretty wheel these lessons to the A2A Cherokee (a little more powerful than the Warrior, but generally the A2A Cherokee performs aerodynamically very similarly to the Warrior.) Anyway, without the trim wheel this wouldn't have been feasible.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Hi all --an update-- I have managed to get all my axis Saitek (Logitech) to work in sim without too much fiddling but, Lordi, these radio panels are something else!!!

And ,yes , I have also posted on the Logitech forum, along with many,many others, asking for a solution. 

I see that people would prefer to stay on P3D v3 ,rather than to step over to v4 just because their radio and switch panels wont work on v4 even though they worked on v3. This cannot be good for sales for L.M. 

Logitech seems to think that downloading their new Plug in is sufficient. I have to, reluctantly, say that the Logitech forum is one of the worst forums I have encountered. Not for the lack of input by irate customers (many !!!!) and other forum members input in attempts to resolve the issues for others(well done) but a singular lack of ANY information, acknowledgement or meaningful support, from Logitech themselves in either acknowledging that there is a problem, and they are looking to fix it (sometime) or they are keeping quiet because they do not have the technical competence to resolve it. (Doubtful ).

Well ,I can tell you , along with many others on many other forums , it is definitely NOT sufficient to just download the plug in.

Surmising my, and many other's predicament is that you can download the Plug in and the test page and it all works fine in the test page , the knobs twirl and the switches click, the lights light on the panel and you can see it replicated on the test page.

Grand ,you say, fire up the P3D v4 and as with the clock lights on the yoke, there is a brief flash of the numbers on the panel and that is about as good as it gets. NO amount of fiddling and switching on the panel is replicated in the sim ,either on default planes nor those such as A2A Comanche. 

Now, I am perhaps the worst computer literate simmer ever (yes I do understand that v4 is a x64 sim, which seems to have  presented these problems) and I will eat humble pie if someone can tell me in my ignorance that I have just pressed the wrong button. But I would be pleased to hear if anyone can advise me what the fundamental problem is, computer speak wise, of making this connection work.

Has anyone ,yes anyone, out there got this plug in to work (without Spad ! )

Bobby

P.S to all those good people who may take their time to help here , can I just add that many suggestions that have been posted elsewhere in good faith, e.g  changing USB 2 and USB 3 ports, power problems ,hub problems, etc., I have tried and although they may have worked for some, they haven't worked for me.

And please no more "try SPADnext". I have delved into this and I think that I could follow it and get the wretched panel to work. But I have no wish to allocate all the other bells and whistles on my  Sim and planes as then things could get complicated,and good luck to those that wish to and can.

I am reluctant to fork out more money on a 3rd party just to get my radio panel to work properly, which to me seems a simple problem for an organisation like Logitech , with all their technical expertise.   

Bobby

Dumped the 7-year old laptop that I use for simming away from home at various FS-Groups and bought a really neat PC (MSI Aegis3) off the shelf that runs P3D4 amazingly well on three monitors with FSC, RC4 and LittleNavMap all active at the same time :)

However, yesterday ran into a problem with the Saitek Yoke and Quadrant not functioning!

The green LED on the front of the Yoke was illuminated along with the LED on the TQ.

In Device Manager either only the Yoke showed - or - after a reboot only the TQ showed. Neither showed in P3D4\Options\Controllers!

Tried various USB locations - no difference..........

Then, after disconnecting/unplugging the Saitek power adapter (used for the last 6/7 years - mains supply to Yoke) it was all systems GO and normallity reigned once more!

How bizarre is that?

Just happy and hopefully worth passing on :)

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.