Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JUL17] Updates for 747-400 and 777-200LRF released today

I do not understand how people are getting a drop in FPS from dynamic lighting . I'm kinda thinking it's all system dependent now. My biggest drop was FTX GLOBAL but that was it. So did i get lucky or are you guys still thinking this sim should be running 60 fps with all the high tech add-ons?  Gotta remember V4 has great features and is 64 bit but it's the same platform as FSX. Make sure you guys have the current Nvidia drivers too. I know some of you guys don't because V3 is still installed because of the ngx, Airbus, and other add-ons not yet release for V4. 

I'm not trying to start an argument or get told I'm wrong, just my opinion and trying to help out, so if you're going to quote me and try to prove me wrong don't waste your time. IT'S JUST MY OPINION😊

Yes, for me the installation works fine, but with this Version the Dynamic Light kills my GTX 1080 in 4k Resolution. 

With the latest Version before this one( 3.00.837) the FPS drops only at Flightbeam´s KSFO HD to the half (from 40/35 to 20/15). Now the FPS drops at any Airport (like FT EHAM, FB´s IAD or DEN etc.) when Dynamic Light is on, of course the fps drops not so massivly like at KSFO, but it is slightly more than before. 

I notes by monitoring GPU-Z, that the base usage of GPU load is about 65/70 %. With every additional Light i switched on, the GPU load rise about 10% per Light, see below.

Landing Light´s =10%
Taxi= 5-10%
RWY Turn= 10%
Strobs, Becon, Logo etc. together =10%

This let my GPU load goes to 100%, an the FPS drops. The GPU is so the Bottleneck and the FPS is scaling down.

i7 6700k @ 4,4GHz

GTX 1080 Golden Sample (slightly overclocked by Manufaktur)

NV Driver is 382.53

16GB RAM 

4k Resolution, with no activated AA during the test. 

4 minutes ago, harun said:

Yes, for me the installation works fine, but with this Version the Dynamic Light kills my GTX 1080 in 4k Resolution. 

With the latest Version before this one( 3.00.837) the FPS drops only at Flightbeam´s KSFO HD to the half (from 40/35 to 20/15). Now the FPS drops at any Airport (like FT EHAM, FB´s IAD or DEN etc.) when Dynamic Light is on, of course the fps drops not so massivly like at KSFO, but it is slightly more than before. 

I notes by monitoring GPU-Z, that the base usage of GPU load is about 65/70 %. With every Light i switched on, the GPU load rise about 10%.

Landing Light´s =10%
Taxi= 5-10%
RWY Turn= 10%
Strobs, Becon, Logo etc. together =10%

This let my GPU load goes to 100%, an the FPS drops. The GPU is so the Bottleneck and the FPS is scaling down.

i7 6700k @ 4,4GHz

GTX 1080 Golden Sample (slightly overclocked by Manufaktur) 

16GB RAM 

4k Resolution, with no activated AA during the test. 

Okay turn off the 4k to test it to see if it drops, if not go ahead and turn it back on. Turn off the HDR  lighting and see if it drops. I have the same setup as you just with the 7700k. I don't have the 4k enabled because I haven't gone out and bought myself a 4k tv, and I also don't have the HDR  lighting on either 

@Alex Kulak

it´s a nativ 4k Resolution TFT Monitor, the HDR is off. Of Cours with 1080p the FPS rise to stable 35/40 (on my second TFT Monitor), and of Cours 4k Resolution is a Bottleneck on its own. But with the older Version, before this one, it´s work better with higher FPS. I think ther is a lot of potential to optimize the light. because 10% GPU Load on a GTX 1080 for one light is too much, also in 4k. 

8 minutes ago, harun said:

@Alex Kulak

it´s a nativ 4k Resolution TFT Monitor, the HDR is off. Of Cours with 1080p the FPS rise to stable 35/40 (on my second TFT Monitor), and of Cours 4k Resolution is a Bottleneck on its own. But with the older Version, before this one, it´s work better with higher FPS. I think ther is a lot of potential to optimize the light. because 10% GPU Load on a GTX 1080 for one light is too much, also in 4k. 

No doubt it is, like I said in my previous post. I get a huge hit with ftx  global, but as far as dynamic lighting goes I don't get a hit, so maybe it has something to do with certain add-ons. But hey I'm pulling things out of my bottom just trying to troubleshoot and help you guys out. My sim runs anywhere from 20-150 with all the popular add-ons and that's how my v3 ran so I'm happy with it

Please excuse, I feel helpless:

downloaded the new installers for 747 and 777, uninstalled with the new installers, re-installed, installed the liveries again.

OC says both products for P3D v4 are up to date.

but: both cockpits are dead, no initialization, no buttons can be clicked...

I should say that I did not touch the license before uninstall. What was my mistake?

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

7 hours ago, michaelth said:

Please excuse, I feel helpless:

downloaded the new installers for 747 and 777, uninstalled with the new installers, re-installed, installed the liveries again.

OC says both products for P3D v4 are up to date.

but: both cockpits are dead, no initialization, no buttons can be clicked...

I should say that I did not touch the license before uninstall. What was my mistake?

Michael

AS I recall way long ago, when they came out the P3D versions, <<<MODERATOR REMOVED INCORRECT INFORMATION>>>Probably want to submit a ticket or start a new forum topic 

Mod Note: Alex: We have been telling folks NOT to deactivate their license since 2009... I killed your comment because some people might get confused after reading your post.  If you scroll up in this thread you will see a previous discussion of same and understand why i took your post out...

Just to contribute here, I didn't bother de-activating my licenses before uninstall / re-install and it worked fine for me without any issues at all.  Did you restart your machine between uninstall / reinstall?  (I don't do this)...

Craig Read, EGLL

Yes, I restarted my system.

In both debug logs, I find the following:

PMDG_Interface.DLL is unavailable.

Update systems:
01 02
Determining airframe:
...airframe not detected

Never had something similar with my beloved PMDG planes,

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

6 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Working fine with the triple and Queen after the update other than the FPS issues with dynamic lighting is back as expected.

With the now removed update i had zero impact of dynamic lighting now im back to 16-18FPS from a base of 40-50 after the last update prior to rollback at Sydney 34L.

Prior to the rollback I had zero issues with the 777 or 747 lighting on or off but now the FPS has tanked with dynamic lighting.

As expected just wondering the need to tank everyone's install on the dynamic lighting front when only a few where affected?

Looking forward to getting the 747 and 777 working well again.

same for me. had no problems with dynamic lights before but after installing the current version fps get halfed when turning on lights ...

Carsten U

14 hours ago, RichieFly said:

This might not be the right place for this question, but:

After uninstalling and reinstalling the 747, the liveries I added are missing, which I expected. However, there are remanent texture folders in the installation directory. And, when I try to install a livery, the installer complains about these directories already being there.

Just delete these old texture directories?

Example: Texture.CC1 for the Icelandic paint.

Thanks

RichieFly Repair this entries in the OC (Reinstall inside, no download the textures again).

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

I have no add-ons  previous version less impact with lights. 60 to 30 fps

Jose De Campos

London

5 hours ago, craig_read said:

Just to contribute here, I didn't bother de-activating my licenses before uninstall / re-install and it worked fine for me without any issues at all.  Did you restart your machine between uninstall / reinstall?  (I don't do this)...

Can someone please confirm the correct procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling.

1. Do you have to deauthorise the 777 and 744

2. Should we reboot or not. 

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Can someone please confirm the correct procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling.

1. Do you have to deauthorise the 777 and 744

2. Should we reboot or not. 

Thanks 

They mentioned a few pages back and in the manual, that the only time you deactivate your license is if you will reformat PC, change hardware, or transfer to new PC. So no need to deactivate. 

-Keem

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090