Sign in to follow this  
planenut

More Carenado Planes Ready for V4

33 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Hi All

Is it just me ? FlightSimStore seems to be very slow to put up v4 installers 

Am I just impatient?

xxd09

I started buying my Carenado planes directly from Carenado for just that reason. Funny thing is, I was searching the Aerosoft site and found out from there it had been updated! Waiting for the Phenom 300 now.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

FlightSimStore is in Oz, so they might be sleeping while everyone else is up, and also the internet infrastructure isn't what it is elsewhere IIRC.  File uploads sometimes take a while.  never had any issues with the service, so I still buy there whenever I can.

7 hours ago, tamsini said:

And my F406 Caravan II purchased direct from Carenado does not seem to work. It complains that the serial has exceeded the permissible installs. The other Carenados had updated serials.

I'm actually having a problem installing the F406 as well into v4 with the new installer.  Having serial issues too, it tells me mine is simply invalid.  I've only installed this plane once before, so not exceeded any install limits.  I just says mine is invalid.

Oddly, I seem to have two different serials for this plane now.  The one on my Carenado store page, and then when I click "send email link" to download, it gives me a different serial.  Neither work.

I've sent support request in, will report back when sorted what the fix was. 

Seems not totally smooth sailing just yet with the updated Carenado installers.

4 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Seems not totally smooth sailing just yet with the updated Carenado installers.

Is it perhaps because v4 is not yet available for the 406?

Mario Di Lauro

Just now, tamsini said:

Is it perhaps because v4 is not yet available for the 406?

The Carenado store page says it's compatible:

Technical Requirements
Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits).
Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed or Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D Flight Simulator v3 or v4 or FSX Steam Edition.

1 minute ago, be77solo said:

The Carenado store page says it's compatible:

Ok thanks. I also opened a ticket with Carenado. See what happens 

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

14 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Ok thanks. I also opened a ticket with Carenado. See what happens 

I also have their PA34 Seneca V and it works great in v4, my old serial works fine.  So, hopefully a quick fix for the 406 for us both!

6 minutes ago, be77solo said:

I also have their PA34 Seneca V and it works great in v4, my old serial works fine.  So, hopefully a quick fix for the 406 for us both!

Wow. They just replied, resetting my key. Very quick in their support.

Mario Di Lauro

1 hour ago, be77solo said:

Having serial issues too, it tells me mine is simply invalid.  I've only installed this plane once before, so not exceeded any install limits.  I just says mine is invalid.

I had this issue too with one of my aircraft.  I logged into Carenado and it shows the serial numbers for the aircraft I own.  The one on the site was different from the one I had in my e-mail (I got this aircraft a long, long time ago).  I copied and pasted the serial number on the site to the installer and the installation continued.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

C90 GTX released for V4!

I just tried installing it but it work.

6 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

C90 GTX released for V4!

I just tried installing it but it didn't work.

11 hours ago, sbague1 said:

I just tried installing it but it didn't work.

Worked for me. In fact, I had forgotten about the  1520 torque limit and blew both engines after about 8 minutes of flight!:blush:

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Hmmm still waiting for the 182.. Although if that doesn't happen soon I may as well upgrade to the a2a one.. :)

13 minutes ago, RancidViper said:

Hmmm still waiting for the 182.. Although if that doesn't happen soon I may as well upgrade to the a2a one.. :)

I'd recommend that plan of action hehe.  Though A2A never did a float version for which I dearly hoped they would

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |