Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

Cabin Altitude Warn @ FL30

I have been flying this aircraft for about a week now and but never took it to the ceiling of FL30 before today..  At about 29,300 ft I get the "Cabin Alt 10000" in the CAS. I know in the real a/c this will maintain a specific sub-10,000 foot cabin at FL30.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know where the XML coding is for this? I am sure its a minor edit...

I have not flown 'er that high because the Meridian is not really a good RVSM candidate, IRL.  But...what was the diff. pressure at that altitude?  If the gauge was showing less than max differential, then you could lower the cabin altitude selector.

Furthermore the topic title is a bit misleading as there's no such thing as FL30. 30000ft is FL300.

I initially thought you meant 3000ft

Yeah.. My mistake. I meant FL300. The cabin pressure altitude goes up to about 10,400 @ 30,000 feet. If I manually lower it the diff pressure goes into the red zone at like 5.9psi.

IDK... It seems this always occurs with Carendao.... This is like the third release (at least) where they have not got this right...

50 minutes ago, FLIGHTO said:

If I manually lower it the diff pressure goes into the red zone at like 5.9psi.

Here's another way to approach this problem...I suppose we could have started here in the first place, hah.  Just curious, what's your source for the Meridian having a <10,000 CA at FL300? 

Max differential is 5.5 psi, so using the following chart, we see that should produce a cabin altitude of just over 10,000'.  There is an amber CAS for "CABIN ALT 10000" you mentioned but also a red CAS for "CABIN ALT 12000", which is a deliberate distinction, so perhaps you're just supposed to live with the amber CAS message when you get to that altitude?

osIXR.png