Sign in to follow this  
slait

Opinions on the Current Version of FSDT KIAH

I'm looking at this as a possible addition as it feels like a centrally located airport in the states. Can those who own it comment on the quality, performance, and any outstanding issues I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

- Aaron

Made by FSDreamTeam in P3Dv3 if you flew PMDG or other Study aircraft to this airport then sometimes you would have VAS issues.  With PD3V4  you can view one of FSDT's best.  Memphis, and IAH i my opinion are very high quality.  Now with no VAS issues, it is heaven. 

• Upvote 2

I am having elevation issues with FSDT KIAH.  Disabled it in Options/Addons.  So far this is the only FSDT airport that has this issue in P3Dv4.  I am using the default scenery for the area so not sure why there are elevation issues.  Perhaps I will have to reinstall.  Right now I would not purchase it until this is resolved.  In V3 it looked great.  Just think there's an anomaly somewhere.  Perhaps disabling, running P3Dv4 and then enabling and restarting V4 will fix it.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The only issue I've had is some slight flashing on the main terminal.

Bill W

I enabled and disabled and enabled again and still get elevation anomalies (see image).  I disabled MyTrafficX and all my Orbx scenery and it did not make a difference.  I will try uninstalling and then reinstalling.  Hopefully it is just an issue on my end.  I'll get it fixed. 

2017-7-1_18-29-44-605.png

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Okay, downloaded again from the FSDT site and reinstalled.  Works perfectly.  No anomalies. 

Submit News to AVSIM

FSDT KIAH is very nice, only problems I seem to have is that the certain parts of the runways still flicker and that theres a huge chunk of deep green square of forest area right next to the airport that looks extremely out of place with the rest of the scenery. I'm not exactly sure where that is coming from. I do have FTX Global Textures and openLC NA.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

My favorite airport after KEWR. FSDT in my opinion made a really great version and I stand by it 100%. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Sounds promising. How's performance?

- Aaron

Amazing airport, and extremely well done. The only slight complain I have is the night texture on the ground. Feels like low rez stuff. 

but overall, you will not regret it! In fact, I just took off from there. 

best thing to do is to install kiah and run the 2min demo to see for yourself the performance and quality. 

• Upvote 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

7 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

best thing to do is to install kiah and run the 2min demo to see for yourself the performance and quality. 

Also keep in mind that this airport 3-years old and is not in step with today's processes or performance. Despite that, it's a great representation of IAH 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I'm missing shadows at all FSDT airports. Ive tried by checking all the shadow boxes and sliders....

KIAH has SODE jetways and these are controlled from the same GSX interface as the other GSX services.  Nice feature.  Just wish they had added dual jetways where appropriate.  KIAH being the closest large airport, and one I've flown our twin into many times, it is a must have for me.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the feedback folks.

- Aaron