Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

PMDG747 and 772 Updated

Hope everyone has had a chance to update to the latest releases for P3Dv4! 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the info. I just reinstall the newest version. Both of them while downloading my anti-virus (avast free version) said there is a virus in each installer setup.exe and kill it. In the end I could not install both so I have to re-download and deactivate my antivirus. Wonder if you have the same issue?

This is the first time it happens with any P3D addons.

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

24 minutes ago, Hoang said:

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the info. I just reinstall the newest version. Both of them while downloading my anti-virus (avast free version) said there is a virus in each installer setup.exe and kill it. In the end I could not install both so I have to re-download and deactivate my antivirus. Wonder if you have the same issue?

This is the first time it happens with any P3D addons.

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Avast is crap, and the fre version even more! Try to get a better one like bitdefender. It will save you a lot of headaches...

When I can remember, I disable Avast shields for an hour while I install certain trusted software.

That said I downloaded both 777 packages tonight for FSX and P3D v4 and performed the "repair" process. Haven't tried a flight yet but hope it's seamless and I don't have to recreate my default panel setup. Release notes were pretty light, I don't think I was impacted by any of the bugs it squashed. I did notice that it wiped out one of my custom added paints, basically deleted it from the aircraft.cfg.  I simply readded it as the files were still there.

3 minutes ago, jasonboche said:

When I can remember, I disable Avast shields for an hour while I install certain trusted software.

That said I downloaded both 777 packages tonight for FSX and P3D v4 and performed the "repair" process. Haven't tried a flight yet but hope it's seamless and I don't have to recreate my default panel setup. Release notes were pretty light, I don't think I was impacted by any of the bugs it squashed. I did notice that it wiped out one of my custom added paints, basically deleted it from the aircraft.cfg.  I simply readded it as the files were still there.

It clearly states to uninstall, download new version(s) and re install. Repair to be used AFTER re installing should you need to. Anyway, thats is what RSR posted.

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

6 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

It clearly states to uninstall, download new version(s) and re install. Repair to be used AFTER re installing should you need to. Anyway, thats is what RSR posted.

I didn't see that in the readme.txt file that I read that came with the installers or the PMDG Ops manager. The P3D v4 installer came with an extra URGENT READ ME.TXT file which talked about incompatibility with saved flights between platforms. I can uninstall and re-install if needed.

What or who is RSR? If there were separate instructions from RSR outside of the readme files, I'm not aware of them.

EDIT: Just checked the readme.txt file again. It says nothing about uninstalling to upgrade. it only states:
UNINSTALL NOTES:
================
If you need to uninstall the PMDG 777-200LR/F or any other PMDG Simulations 
product, please run this installer again and select the REMOVE option.  
Also, you can use the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS item in your Windows Control Panel.

If PMDG is providing instructions somewhere else "out of band" in a forum, I guess I missed it. I do recall in some instances in the past on FSX, an uninstall and reinstall was required.

Thank you for the heads up.

RSR is the big cheese of PMDG. The readme refers to sunsequent updates, Read the notes from Robert (PMDG) on the PMDG forum.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Did they fix the problem with the autobrake on the 777? 

When you uninstall do you have to deauthorise it first?? 

14ppkc-6.png

10 minutes ago, tooting said:

Did they fix the problem with the autobrake on the 777? 

No, RTO stays on after takeoff. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

8 hours ago, Hoang said:

I have to re-download and deactivate my antivirus. Wonder if you have the same issue?

I did not have any problems.  I have never owned an anti-virus program.  Unfortunately I do have Windows Defender installed and that is considered an anti-virus program.  I also have MalwareBytes installed and it acts like an anti-virus program and very aggressive.  Still it did not stop my installation of the files.  In my MalwareBytes program I have my FSX and P3D folders excluded from scanning.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, jasonboche said:

it wiped out one of my custom added paints, basically deleted it from the aircraft.cfg.  I simply readded it as the files were still there.

Had the same issue but it was pretty easy to open the PMDG Operations Center, click on PMDG Operations Center for the 747 and 777, click on Livery Manager and then Click to Add and then go to my User folder/AppData/Roaming/PMDG/PMDG Operations Center/Liveries folder and reinstall the liveries I had installed previously.

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Folks:

Concerning the reinstall of the pre-existing liveries, look at the note from PMDG (it's really an easy process):

Good luck!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Does anyone know if the Virtual Avionics CDUs still work on the updated versions (in P3Dv3.4 and earlier)?

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case