Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

PMDG 737 VC question

I noticed a new thread regarding the "competition" and this ius an aircraft that I do actually own.

However, When I finally am able top install P3Dv4 I really really want to buy the PMDG 737 and the 777 having avidly followed PMDG over the years. 

My question, however concerns the VC.  With the "opposition"  aircraft it is possible to "pop-up" the various instrument panels, ie aft/forward overhead panel, the fmc/throttle panel,and the aft electrical pedestal panel. Each of these panels are able to be moved to another monitor.

As I am utilizing 6 monitors, I would very much like to know if this is possible with these two PMDG aircraft in P3Dv4.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards, as usual, to all

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello all,

Just what is it about this post that has drawn no response?. Is there no-one who is no-one who is even remotely curious? Could it be that there is nobody who understands what I am requesting?

I really do want this information and I will not buy these products until I can get this information...this is NOT a threat ... simply a statement because I really want to buy these products for P3Dv4

Surely there is someone who can help me before the blisters from my bended knee pop, turn into ulcers which then become infected resulting in my eventual demise.

Please help.

regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

5 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

Just what is it about this post that has drawn no response?. Is there no-one who is no-one who is even remotely curious? Could it be that there is nobody who understands what I am requesting?

I really do want this information and I will not buy these products until I can get this information...this is NOT a threat ... simply a statement because I really want to buy these products for P3Dv4

Surely there is someone who can help me before the blisters from my bended knee pop, turn into ulcers which then become infected resulting in my eventual demise.

Please help.

regards

Tony

From what I can remember, in the NGX all displays are popup windows and the FMC is too. I don't think there are any other 2D panels. If you'd read both product pages, you would know this.

Chris,

Yea, thank you so very much for this information.  Looks like Payday involves dropping some hardearned cash into the PMDG pockets.  I cannot think of anyone who earns it more and I am ooking forward to a long and happy relationship with them.

Regards and heartfelt gratitude

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

Hi Tony,

I read your post twice and maybe I'm dense but had a tough time pulling out the info you were actually asking for.  I'm glad PGDM777 was able to figure it out and give you the response you needed.

Mark Trainer

Mark,

Very simply, with the "opposition" product and virtually all the default aircraft at least (FS2004 please note) I go to "view/instruments panel/select (for instance, forward overhead panel. This produces a "pop-up screen of the Forward Overhead panel. This is dockable, ie it can be moved in its entirety, to another screen 

The same applies or all the other screens I mentioned to fill three screens. (in my case, a 40 inch screen (Portrait mode) on which I dock aft and forward overhead panels, a 22 inch screen (Landscape mode) for the FMC x 2 and lower DU. Please note that this screen also includes the throttle etc but I stretch the screen so that only the FMC/Lower DU is visible on that screen with the rest carried over to the 24 inch Portrait mode. The aft electrical pedestal panel is then docked (over the top of the throttle display) to the 24inch portrait mode screen. I leave a small space above the elec pedestal display and by clicking on this small space, I toggle the throttle display  to adjust trim and check flaps etc. It also enables me to carry out the various cockpit procedure checks and the checklist procedures as well. I then "save flight" and every time I select this flight (already set up and saved with weather/wind direction/airport and parked at a gate) these screens are already set and displayed.

My main screen is a 60 inch LED TV and I have displayed the VC cockpit (centered so that I get a full display of the cockpit, and forward views. Then I have two 32 inch LED TV screens. I go to  "Views" select VC screens"  and dock to the right screen. This is duplicated for the left screen. I then align the view using "move screen right or left" to the view I want, and this is followed by zoom in to get rid of the actual window panel and just leave the outside view. Another method is to pan the view to where I want it, and then move screen right or left as applicable to each screen..I also believe that this is able to be saved using FSUIPC but I have not been able to figure that out as yet. I do have the paid for version of FSUIPC which is the version required. I have to reset the Main VC cockpit and the two side views each and every time I start a flight which is a small drawback.

So that is my set up and which is exactly what I want to duplicate in P3Dv4 and PMDG products. The reason for seeking this information is that, I believe,  many manufacturers are now, "sort of," utilising and/or maximising their software for VR  and Trackir which obviously are growing trends, so are not providing "pop-ups". I simply wanted to check that fact.

I hope that this information is more illuminating. PMDG777 sorted me out very quickly with his response which made me a very, very, very happy litlte vegemite .... Ozzie slang The Chancellor of the Exchequer, and by default, the supreme  leader, is patrolling the house and she is looking very glum indeed. I am being brave in the extreme by ignoring this LOL

Thanks again to PMDG777 for his help and for your comment Mark

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Hello all,

Just a quick update.

I have just blown one of my AMD R9 290 GPUs

I have just ordered a Zotac GTX 1050ti OC 4gb to replace this card and plan on replacing the other R9 290 with a Zotac GTX 1080ti amp extreme 11gb within a couple of months. I have also updated my DDR3 RAM to 32gb already.

This is an interim plan and I wish to upgrade Motherboard, DDR4 RAM and CPU to i7-7700 or i9-something towards the end of the year. This decision and time frame also allows me the flexibility to rethink the CPU and also the GPU with the new AMD Vega RX cards coming on line towards the end of this month. The Vega unit in particular may well be waiting for with its projected 16GB of HBM2 VRAM. I am not really expecting a vast increase in performance over the 1080ti but i believe it will be an easy choice between either the 1080ti, the Vega RX or maybe even the new Nvidia Volta if that is ready or more information is available.

In the meantime I am not flying until at least Saturday which is when I expect the GPU.

With reference to my last post, if anyone has a comment  or further query regarding my system or flightsim configuration, please do feel free to ask or PM me. I am always happy to chat to fellow simmers and again look forward to a long association with P3D and PMDG. What a great combination.

Regards to all

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

Sorry about the R9 GPU Tony....but I read your detailed description and overall, you're pretty much doing  exactly what I have been doing on my multi-monitor setup with PDMG 737NGX.   The terminology is to "undock" a window, pull it over to the screen you want, get it adjusted just so, and then dock it again.   So for me, I have the main displays on my forward monitor, the radio stack and overhead displays on the two right monitors, and on the left most monitor running skyvector and google for airport diagrams.

I have started to gravitate toward just the 3D view though....using EZCA (a real pain to setup in my opinion) and simply scroll over to what ever panel I need.

Good luck w/ the hardware, I'm planning to build an all new system next spring, and going all out!

Mark Trainer