Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

A2A Connie released for V4

Surprised I'm not seeing more fanfare on this one. No one interested? I'm very close to pulling the trigger...

- Aaron

I would love to buy this one, after moving to P3Dv4 has been costly not to mention other developers that charge for moving existing products that I have bought 2 or more time. I have to hold off for awhile.

David

Having to repurchase A2A products for P3D has definitely been costly.  I'm probably holding off on this one for a while or a sale.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I pulled the trigger on A2A's Connie, and I'm really excited for this and future Captain of the Ship releases on P3D v4.  While I've been flying GA for a few years, I want to start flying some of history's neatest airship relics.  I figured that the Connie was a great place to start.

Just finished a flight in the Connie in V4 from KSEA to CYQQ--about 200 miles.  With AS4, ASCA, ENVTEX, UT Live and OPUS--what a great flight ! One of my most enjoyable in a long time.   New Connie feature is a transparent window you can keep open to toggle on and off the mini controls, map, radios, etc. instead of shift 3, 4 and so on (which messes up ATC), or having to open the instrument drop down in the vehicle.  Absolutely great aircraft.  :biggrin:  Way worth $59.95.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

1 hour ago, slait said:

Surprised I'm not seeing more fanfare on this one. No one interested? I'm very close to pulling the trigger...

Problem is, there's already a pretty damn good Constellation as a default aircraft in P3D V4, that being the Just Flight payware one which has become one of P3D's default aeroplanes. Now I know some people will say the A2A one is better, and it is indeed better in many ways since it has all that Captain of the Ship stuff built into it, and considering it is twice the price of the Payware version of the Just Flight Connie, one can certainly expect more for the money. But is it really that much better?

Well purists who want a super-duper realistic Constellation with all that Captain of the Ship stuff will of course say yes, and that CotS stuff does undeniably offer a more expansive experience which is akin to things such as MCE and FS2Crew being built-into it, but the average person who just finds the Connie an interesting aeroplane to fly once in a while, will probably be more than happy with the default Just Flight one considering it is in fact a payware product shoehorned into P3D. After all, the Just Flight Connie got some rave comments upon its release, as evidenced by these quotes from some reviews from the likes of Mutley's, Avsim, PC Pilot etc:

'Easily the best prop-liner available for FSX... A truly classic aircraft which has been produced in exacting detail... This is a brilliant add-on and more than lives up to the hype and expectations I expected'

'a 'must have' we can recommend'

'This Constellation is a complete and detailed piece of work... The quality is visible throughout, from the graphics to the flight model'

'The best Constellation simulation you can get for FSX'

Now I'm not saying don't buy the A2A one, not at all. I'll give A2A any and all credit they deserve, because I maintain that many of their add-on aeroplanes are not only amongst the best you can get, but also amongst my favourites, and god knows I've bought enough of them lol. I've even reviewed one or two A2A products for Avsim in the past, and gave them well-deserved great marks too, in fact A2A still use a quote from one of my Avsim reviews I did years ago on their website, so I'm nothing if not a fan of A2A, especially since like Just Flight, A2A's customer service is top notch. I'm merely observing that the JF connie is a very good 'add-on' which you don't even have to buy if you have P3D (I still regard it as an add-on myself, because I did indeed buy it on the day it came out). I suspect that might be why people are not necessarily all over this A2A release.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Question:

How do you install the A2A aircraft in a location other than the Documents folder?

I understand you can change the location. My question is where do you change it to?

...\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Aircraft ?

Don't want to hose up my installation.

Thanks

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I'd let A2A do their installation thing as they seem to have other files tied to it. It works fine in the documents folder.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Thanks for the reply. The drive holding the Documents folder is getting full. I need it to be elsewhere.

(I understand that the Documents folder can be mapped elsewhere and that too is not an option.)

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

There's a post on their forum covering how to install elsewhere.  The only rule is that all A2A aircraft must be in the same place:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=59802

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks. :happy:

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

WOOHOOO!!! Been waiting for this for weeks!  Thanks for the heads up!

It's a fantastic aircraft, definitely one of my favorites.  Plus, the performance and smoothness of how it runs is very impressive compared to other high end add on planes.

Downloading now.

On 2 July 2017 at 8:22 PM, Chock said:

Problem is, there's already a pretty damn good Constellation as a default aircraft in P3D V4, that being the Just Flight payware one which has become one of P3D's default aeroplanes.

You're correct when you say that it depends what you want to do with it. I have both, and the difference between the two is like night and day. The Just Fight Connie was very good in its day and was well-reviewed at the time (2009?) but simply doesn't compare now in a number of areas. Ignoring the COTS features for a moment, the graphics, flight modelling and systems modelling are just so much better. COTS then adds a whole new dimension to it.

If you're an "auto start and let's get airborne and blast around with an external view" person, then the Just Flight Connie will probably meet your requirements. But if you want the full Connie experience (without the actually getting airborne bit) then only the A2A product delivers this.

If you really like classic propliners, there's no competition.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit