Sign in to follow this  
Adam Quinn

PMDG 777 Closes my game

Hello there,

I have a problem loading my PMDG 777 300 and 200. Whenever I select the aircraft on P3D its fine and it loads, the bar climbs to 100%, then there is a black screen, then I see my desktop. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

All the best,

Adam Quinn

Open event viewer and find the crash, what does it say?

53 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Open event viewer and find the crash, what does it say?

Apologies, though how do I see P3D's crash?

10 minutes ago, Adam Quinn said:

I used AppCrashView and there was no log. I tried spawning in a default plane then changing into the 777 and I saw just the engines landing gear and a few bits of the cockpit for a split second then a crash. However, that is what happened whenever it loaded up normally. That happened for a split second then the plane was fine.

The 777-300 for P3D cannot be installed with current 777-200LRF base package because its installer is being updated.

Dan Downs KCRP

23 hours ago, downscc said:

The 777-300 for P3D cannot be installed with current 777-200LRF base package because its installer is being updated.

I'm on V3

On ‎2‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, Adam Quinn said:

Start menu > Type "View All Problem" > Click View All Problem Reports > Find P3D in the list > Double click the crash > Copy paste here

16 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Start menu > Type "View All Problem" > Click View All Problem Reports > Find P3D in the list > Double click the crash > Copy paste here

Yeah, there is no crash report, so does that mean that it closes my game but doesn't crash it?

Edited by Adam Quinn
Just giving more details.

7 hours ago, Adam Quinn said:

Yeah, there is no crash report, so does that mean that it closes my game but doesn't crash it?

If there's no crash report then you've somehow closed the sim. Are they both activated correctly?

I'm having the same issue with P3D V4.  All of my PMDG aircraft are activated correctly, but when I load the 777-300ER (any livery), it loads the sim just fine, but when the "Initiallizing All Systems" message gets to about 15, the sim just closes.  I assure you, I'm not closing my sim.  I get no error message, and when I check "View all problem reports" I get nothing either.  I'm going to uninstall and try a fresh re-install.

- Chris Jepsen

26 minutes ago, sleddriver715 said:

I'm having the same issue with P3D V4.  All of my PMDG aircraft are activated correctly, but when I load the 777-300ER (any livery), it loads the sim just fine, but when the "Initiallizing All Systems" message gets to about 15, the sim just closes.  I assure you, I'm not closing my sim.  I get no error message, and when I check "View all problem reports" I get nothing either.  I'm going to uninstall and try a fresh re-install.

- Chris Jepsen

Chris,

Uninstall + reinstall isn't recommended, we need to figure out what is causing the problem, not blindly attempt to fix it.

It's odd that you're not getting a crashing module when your sim closes. Open the sim, run the 777, let the sim crash then go straight to this:

Start > Type "Event Viewer" > Open Event Viewer > On the left side expand "Windows Logs" > Click Applications.

Crashes are normally marked with a red exclamation mark. If something crashed it should be up the top.

This just happened about 5 minutes ago:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: menus.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a71cc
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000005100
Faulting process id: 0x8cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f53db08ac31f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\menus.dll
Report Id: 7bcb2614-ab4d-4528-b7cf-8aee71f2b841
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

BTW, this is now happening with all of my PMDG aircraft (747, 777LR).

3 minutes ago, sleddriver715 said:

This just happened about 5 minutes ago:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: menus.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a71cc
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000005100
Faulting process id: 0x8cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f53db08ac31f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\menus.dll
Report Id: 7bcb2614-ab4d-4528-b7cf-8aee71f2b841
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

BTW, this is now happening with all of my PMDG aircraft (747, 777LR).

Okay so now we know it's not a PMDG module that's crashing, rather a P3D module. What is your P3D/FSX install setup?

The version that is faulting is P3D V4, but I do still have V3 installed on my computer.  Although, I haven't started v3 for a few months.

That menu.dll is from Prepar3D v4 (hotfix 1 version)

http://www.prepar3d.com/latest-news/

Are you sure you haven't got them mixed up?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020