Sign in to follow this  
Adam Quinn

PMDG 777 Closes my game

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

Are you sure you haven't got them mixed up?

That was not the original poster.

OK, Adam, so I think I may have found a fix for the problem we've been having.  I tried a fix that was recommended by the P3D support team on their forums for someone who was having similar issues as us.  If you change the name of the P3D folders in these locations and restart the sim, it should fix it:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin

Now, you will have to redo all of your settings and add your sceneries again, but so far, it seems to have worked for me.  Here is the link to the original post: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=125628&p=162023&hilit=prepar3dv4+error#p162023

Hopefully, this works for you as well.

5 hours ago, sleddriver715 said:

OK, Adam, so I think I may have found a fix for the problem we've been having.  I tried a fix that was recommended by the P3D support team on their forums for someone who was having similar issues as us.  If you change the name of the P3D folders in these locations and restart the sim, it should fix it:

Now, you will have to redo all of your settings and add your sceneries again, but so far, it seems to have worked for me.  Here is the link to the original post: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=125628&p=162023&hilit=prepar3dv4+error#p162023

Thanks for the support, I don't have time to do it now though I will try this later and let you know how it goes!

That is the boiler plate solution that the LM P3D forum like to copy and paste, and it is effective but if one wants to avoid rebuilding your configuration you could go through the multiple dll.xml an exe.xml and add-ons.cfg and add-ons.xml files to remove one by one addons (starting with dll and exe).  This approach will provide you information about what causing the crash but it presumes you know where these files are and know how to turn a Disable flag from false to true.  Troubleshooting is a logical step by step approach, or you can use the shotgun.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 06/07/2017 at 6:44 AM, sleddriver715 said:

My P3D is still crashing :( I'm getting P3D V4 in a few weeks so I'll wait.

7 hours ago, Adam Quinn said:

Is there anyone that has any solutions?

Did you try what Chris suggested? 

Dan Downs KCRP