Sign in to follow this  
elmucki

1 July update - livery issues...

After uninstalling the old versions and downloading and installing the new installers, none of my liveries are there and the OPS center is asking me to delete them and re-download them one by one... i have a hundreds... this is getting old. what happened or went wrong? This is for both the QOTSII and 77L.

they kept the texture folders but didn't update the aircraft.cfg with the liveries... just go to your aircraft folders, open the aircraft.cfg_old and copy all your livery entries to the new aircraft.cfg and you should be good...

I had the same problem.  I could not actually download the new liveries because they were duplicates.  I ended up just deleting the texture folders for all downloaded liveries and then re-downloaded and installed them.  Thankfully I only have a handful so no big deal.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Michael,

The OC should prevent that kind of headache- but it looks like we broke something a few weeks back when we made the OC compatible with P3D v4...

Sorry about the headache- we will get it fixed.  Hopefully sooner...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I used installers to uninstall everything PMDG and then cleaned everything PMDG off my system.

Used new installers to install 747, 777 base and 777 expansion.

Everything works fine except now I can't download any liveries. A red notification flashes up for a second but nothing downloads.

Operations centre has updated fine and everything showing the latest version but no liveries download.

This is similar to problem where I could not update the aircraft using the Operations Centre.

I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with the Operations Centre being automatically installed in the "Program Files(x86)" directory which is a protected directory under Windows 10.

There is no way to manually install this to another directory that I can see.

Nice to have the latest plane updates but frustration now that I can't download any liveries.

I've also updated my existing support ticket with this information.

Look forward to a resolution for this.

Paul Watts

Gold Coast, Australia

p.s. All the usual stuff, anti-virus (windows defender only) off, firewall off, run as admin, etc

5 hours ago, PaulFWatts said:

I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with the Operations Centre being automatically installed in the "Program Files(x86)" directory which is a protected directory under Windows 10.

There is no way to manually install this to another directory that I can see.

It needs to be there and thousands of users are not reporting a problem. I assume you are running the OC with admin rights. This might have more to do with an AV program or firewall setting.  Is the OC showing current version or does it say unable to determine latest?

Sorry, just saw your post script.  What about the version feature? If it works then OC is calling home to get that information.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, it's showing latest versions for both planes and also for the Operations Centre itself.

This is the opposite problem before the new Installers.

Before I could download liveries fine but not update the planes to latest versions. Now I can't download liveries. Yet to be seen whether I will be able to update planes when the next micro update is pushed.

As per the post script all the normal stuff has been done.

14 minutes ago, PaulFWatts said:

Yes, it's showing latest versions for both planes and also for the Operations Centre itself.

This is the opposite problem before the new Installers.

Before I could download liveries fine but not update the planes to latest versions. Now I can't download liveries. Yet to be seen whether I will be able to update planes when the next micro update is pushed.

As per the post script all the normal stuff has been done.

I have a theory about the Ops Centre issues but just have a question, did you have the 747 and 777 installed in P3Dv3 before upgrading to v4? How did you upgrade from v3 to v4?

I have a feeling these issues are caused by stray registry entries being left behind when P3Dv3 and the 747/777 was uninstalled and v4 being installed. I think the Ops Centre is getting confused by these entries. In another thread someone posted Ops Centre logs of an attempted update, it seems that it looks for P3Dv3 first, then P3Dv4. I'm thinking that when you're trying to download liveries/updates, it's failing because it's seeing the P3Dv3 path first, can't find the files then bugs out.

Hi PMDG777

Yes, I did have the PMDG planes installed in v3 when I upgraded to v4.

I've since removed the planes from v3 using the installer and only have them installed in v4. P3D v3 is still installed on my system as I'm waiting on ORBX airports to be updated.

What you are describing is a good theory because the problems seen to have stemmed from when I moved to v4.

I also could be a different use case as many people would still have the planes installed in v3 and v4 at the same time I would imagine.

I will try reinstalling the planes in v3 using the latest installers so that the files are there. Will report back here if this fixes anything.

Kind regards

Paul Watts

PMDG777

This is what I have done.

Uninstalled 747 and 777 from P3D v4 and removed all traces of PMDG

Removed all traces of PMDG from P3D v3

Installed 737 base package into P3D v3. This dowloaded the Operations Centre and updated it fine. Aircraft installed fine. Version shows it is up to date.

Run "Livery Downloader" and it processed all the liveries. When finished I tried to download and install a livery for the 737 in P3D v3 and exactly the same problem.

Flashes up "1 Notification" in red for a second but nothing downloads or installed. Tried this with multiple liveries.

Have held off installing anything else in P3D v3 or P3D v4 to see if this basic problem can be resolved with a single aircraft.

Hopefully someone from PMDG can chime in on this.

Thanks for any help!

Kind regards 

Paul Watts

This is the last lines in PMDG Operations Center.log when I try to download Qantas livery:

13:46:17.768   Looking for cached livery: c:\users\paul watts\appdata\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center\Liveries\PMDG 737-800NGX WL - QF.ptp
13:46:17.768   Entered FileTimeToString():
13:46:17.780       Downloading PTP: http://downloads.pmdg.com/liveries/737/PMDG 737-800NGX WL - QF.ptp
13:46:17.790       Finished livery download
13:46:18.049           Download failed
13:46:18.051

Important Note I can type http://downloads.pmdg.com/liveries/737/PMDG 737-800NGX WL - QF.ptp into a browser and the file downloads fine.

Perhaps some sort of permissions problem on the directory where it is trying to store the download?

I've done a complete System File Check (sfc) and it hasn't found any errors.

Hopefully this gives some clue to solving the problem.

John_Tavendale not sure how to install a 3rd party repaint using OC. Have only ever installed PMDG ones

15 minutes ago, PaulFWatts said:

This is the last lines in PMDG Operations Center.log when I try to download Qantas livery:

13:46:17.768   Looking for cached livery: c:\users\paul watts\appdata\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center\Liveries\PMDG 737-800NGX WL - QF.ptp
13:46:17.768   Entered FileTimeToString():
13:46:17.780       Downloading PTP: http://downloads.pmdg.com/liveries/737/PMDG 737-800NGX WL - QF.ptp
13:46:17.790       Finished livery download
13:46:18.049           Download failed
13:46:18.051

Important Note I can type http://downloads.pmdg.com/liveries/737/PMDG 737-800NGX WL - QF.ptp into a browser and the file downloads fine.

Perhaps some sort of permissions problem on the directory where it is trying to store the download?

I've done a complete System File Check (sfc) and it hasn't found any errors.

Hopefully this gives some clue to solving the problem.

John_Tavendale not sure how to install a 3rd party repaint using OC. Have only ever installed PMDG ones

That looks to me like the operations centre can't connect to the server, something's blocking it's access.

I can download a .ptp file manually in a browser as mentioned in last post and can install this fine using Livery Manager.

Operations Manager detects the version of the plane okay and also can update. Looks more like a problem when it tries to store the downloaded file.

Hopefully PMDG can solve this one..

57 minutes ago, John_Tavendale said:

Can you install any 3rd party repaints using the OC?

I downloaded and installed one of yours :gaul: third party seems to work fine but like he said, downloading liveries isn't working at the moment.

Matthew Simmons