Sign in to follow this  
elmucki

1 July update - livery issues...

Now I know how to manually add them I will have to have a look at @John_Tavendale repaints :-)

At least this is a work around for now. Download some liveries manually and then manually install them using the OC. That all seems to work fine.

Hopefully the log file entry above will shed some clues....

the only  issue  i got  so far  with  the new oc is  trying install the liveries for the Poseidon that are in the OC    for  the ngx   all other  aircraft  have  no issues   strange  hopefully  theres  a fix  around  the corner  for  this

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This looks EXACTLY like antivirus interference, or the OC is not being run as an admin. Something is interfering, that's for sure. If this were a code-side problem, everyone would see the same issue. If it were a server-side issue, you couldn't download the file manually.

This is definitely a local issue with how your computer is set up and working.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.

I definitely have the anti-virus disabled (both during the new install and when running the OC) and also definitely running the OC as admin.

I agree it looks like something is interfering but it certainly isn't the anti-virus (windows defender only) which I definitely have turned off.

The OC can access server-side the version of the aircraft for example and it can update itself server-side but not download liveries.

For now I will have to live with the problem and manually download and install liveries as at a loss to understand what the problem could be.

I suspect I will have the same problem as I did originally and will be unable to install plane updates with the OC when they are pushed but will cross this bridge when we get to it.

well i got the answer i originally thought after for my problem and this thread can be closed if needed. Other problems should get their own thread.

Hi Paul,

The fact that you can reach the file manually but the OC won't pull it automatically leans me heavily in the direction of "something is seeing the OC reach out to the outside world to download a file, and is preventing it from doing so."

We have seen a few instances of this in the past, and users reported that it was fixed by specifically going into Windows Defender and exempting the Operations Center from scanning.

There was a second step that was important however:  The Operations Center complies with Windows design directives, and does a bunch of "back-end-work" in your c:\users\<account name>\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center directory.  Some users reported that it was necessary to exempt this area, but others reported it was not... 

While we are on the subject of the AppData directory:  You can find a cache of downloaded liveries there- and install them manually from within the OC as John Tavendale instructed you earlier.  Might save you a few headaches while we all try to sort our a permanent solution for you....

Keep us posted?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi @rsrandazzo,

Thanks for your post.

I'm in Melbourne for work this week but will try this out when I get home on the weekend.

I have defender turned off when doing anything to do with PMDG so would be surprised if an exclusion works but you never know. I have the Operations Centre directory already excluded and will exclude the other directory you mentioned. Will definitely give it a try and let you know..

At the moment the fact that I can install manually is a good work around and no doubt the solution will reveal itself sooner or later. The main things is I can fly the planes  as they are all working prefectly and fantastic now that we have P3D v4 as no more oom's and can remove the word VAS from my vocabulary :-)

Will keep you posted if it all starts working again.

Thanks for your support.

Hi

Here are my story. I uninstalled 747 then reinstalled 1JUL17 version. Started OC and I got the option to repair liveries. I did so.

The OC works, no manual editing, no redownload of liveries. I can access liveries and download new ones if I want.