Sign in to follow this  
john1383

ILS frequ mismatch

Not sure if it a bug, or just me again, but today flying to Leuchars, EGQL , the ILS frequency for runway 26 in P3DV4 is 108.70 but in P2A it is reported as 108.55 so setting this in Nav 1 will not allow ILS autoland to work, for example.

Flight sim Commander, after running the database compiler also reports the frequency as 108.70 which you would obviously expect it to.

I have installed the 1707 navigraph files to P2A whether that would make any difference.

Any clues as to what could be causing this difference in frequencies?

I redownloaded 1707 (v1, 2017-06-22) and installed it again into P2A.

for Leuchars, EGQL:

The "map" in P3Dv4 says the runway is RW 27, 108.7 as does FSC, as expected.

P2A says the runway is RW 26, 108.55.

Something is not matching up!

I updated p2A with 1707 but can you update P3D itself with a new airac, as you seem to suggest?

thanks for your help,

John

A little further research and a note back from Navigraph indicates that the P2A data is correct.  The Runway designation probably changed from 27 to 26.  The 1707 update for X-Plane also shows RW26.

The frequency for the ILS in the real world also seems to be 108.55. 

Of course, to be able to fly it in P3D, you'll have to use 108.7 until they change it.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your research and time taken on this Dave.

When flying to a "new", to me, airport intending to use ILS I will check the frequencies tally before tuning in...to avoid a later panic!

John