Sign in to follow this  
michaelth

747 & 777 dead after new installer; sound on and gear up

After uninstall/install with the new installers, 747 and 777 cockpits are both dead - no buttons move. In outside view, both planes hover over the runway with gear up. I read in the knowledge base that it may have to do with a wrong simconnect install.

Yesterday before the update, I did a flight with the 747 without any problem. I have P3D v4 Hotfix 1 installed.

What should I do?

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Michael,

Please submit a support ticket and include your debug logs from the 777 and 747 folders under <P3Dv4 root folder>\PMDG\

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,

I just did so.

Thank you,

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Hi Michael,

On this side same problem with the FSX installation.
I've got a message from my Virus/Firewall programm. (Bullguard)
I switched off everything and after a de-installation and later a fresh installation everythings working normal.
Succes and regards

Jo va Bra

I encountered the same problem today.

Ryan answered to my ticket and he came up with the right answer dead on target:

I had installed the Aerosoft Bronco X, using their brand-new installer for P3Dv4, last night. After doing some traffic circuits with it I called it a day.

Then today I downloaded the new PMDG installers, deinstalled the 747 and the 777, and reinstalled them using the new installers..

Both came up with dead cockpits, with a hint to a problem with the PMDG dll file being unavailable (although it was where it was supposed to be, and also the dll.xml entry for it looked ok). I tried deinstall-reinstall cycles several times, but to no avail.

Then Ryan tipped me off as a response to my ticket, mentioning problems with the Bronco apparently screwing up something inside P3D.

I deinstalled the Bronc', then reinstalled the PMDG planes, and now they're both running sweetly.

Big, big compliments to the great PMDG support, on a sunday of a long holiday weekend to boot. Great job, folks! Keep up the good work!

Best regards from Germany

Michael Sagner

Support for software can be a real nightmare it seems. You were lucky that Ryan knew about the Bronco problem. I certainly wouldn't expect a 3rd party developer to be aware of other 3rd party developers issues.

In my case, un-installing the Bronco as per Ryans advice did it without having to re-install the 747 / 777. Ryan wrote that he will be contacting Aerosoft. Hopefully we will have the Bronco back soon.

Michael

Michael Thesen

9 hours ago, Farlis said:

Support for software can be a real nightmare it seems. You were lucky that Ryan knew about the Bronco problem. I certainly wouldn't expect a 3rd party developer to be aware of other 3rd party developers issues.

I only knew about it because another customer's ticket tipped me off to the fact that he'd gotten it working by uninstalling the Bronco. Absolutely no way I would have figured it out without that honestly.

We still have no idea what's going on here - I bought the Bronco today and cannot reproduce the problem - both it and the 777/747 work fine for me. We think it must be the Bronco *and* something else now.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,

for your information,

I've just had exactly the same issue, installed the new P3d V4 Bronco then the new 747 installer and had a dead 747, no landing gear and unable to click anything . 

747 had been working fine prior to uninstalling to re install the update.

Got the 747 back working just by uninstalling the Bronco

If you would like any details of the addons I run, computer specs etc to assist in troubleshooting this issue just ask, I'll be glad to help.

Steve Mckenna

We're working through it with Aerosoft's developers now - I figured out why I wasn't seeing the issue (due to an installer issue, the Bronco's add-on.xml wasn't getting installed to the correct place on my machine because I have my Documents folder moved to a non-standard location to get it off my smaller SSD). With the add-on.xml in proper place I get the issue and the 747 and 777 are dead. Simply pulling the "Aerosoft - Bronco X" folder out of your Documents\Prepar3D v4 Addons folder will allow the 777 and 747 to work - you don't have to fully uninstall the Bronco. We'll get it tracked down.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Gents,

This has been a community effort- with the initial clue coming from a customer late Sunday afternoon.  Ryan reached out to a couple of customers who had reported similar issues with the 777 or 747 loading up with a dead cockpit and the gear retracted and sure enough he was able to validate that removing the Aerosoft Bronco cleared the problem.

By Sunday night we were well on our way to 20 proof cases, so we reached out to Aerosoft with our data and asked if they had any ideas.  Unsurprisingly, we had an answer from Mathijs a few short hours later (what time of day does that guy wake up?!?!) and soon the discussion was flying back-and-forth between a half dozen members of the PMDG team and 4 members of the Aerosoft team.

Not one ounce of blame, just a good solid team effort to see if we can't duplicate the issue in house.  Aerosoft went so far as to pull the Bronco update from availability briefly because of concerns that there was a fault in the software- and trouble-shooting continued with both teams throughout the day Monday and into Monday night.

We have narrowed it down to **what** but we are all still working on **how** so that a fix can be implemented.

This is how it SHOULD work- and yes we have a long standing partnership with Aerosoft so there was never any doubt that they would jump into the deep end of the pool to help us when we reached out- but it was still fun to find ourselves shoulder to shoulder with our friends from Aerosoft trying to resolve a common issue.

We have had similar software collisions with other developers that have been met with "f*&k you it isn't our fault" and that is always very disappointing...

Now that being said- we all know it HAS to be Mathijs' fault, right?  :biggrin:  Seriously- any guy who gets out of bed that early in the morning cannot be trusted...

We will keep you updated- and if an update is required on our end to resolve the issue we will get it to you post-haste.  Thanks for your patience- and to those who took the time to follow our advice last night and then reported back the results of those tests- thank you, as well!

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

10 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

By Sunday night we were well on our way to 20 proof cases, so we reached out to Aerosoft with our data and asked if they had any ideas.  Unsurprisingly, we had an answer from Mathijs a few short hours later (what time of day does that guy wake up?!?!) and soon the discussion was flying back-and-forth between a half dozen members of the PMDG team and 4 members of the Aerosoft team.

It's things like these that give me the warm fuzzies and the assurance that the flightsimming world is in good hands. Sure, as in all families, there are some dysfunctional relationships, but this and the collaboration with LM among many others are truly encouraging. Hats off to everyone!

Walter Meier

I just re-downloaded the updated Bronco from my Aerosoft account. The Problem seems to be solved. Don´t be puzzled: the version-no is still 1.2

Michael

Michael Thesen