Sign in to follow this  
pilotalihoteit

Documentation Issue

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to open the documentation found in the operations center for the 777 to do some reading, but whenever I click on the PDF file, nothing opens. I couldn't find a solution anywhere for it.
Has anyone experienced this before?

Ali Hoteit

The OC has settings available, one of which is an option to open the pdf in a separate window.  This is the default option, but you must have adobe reader.  There is also a manual for the OC located in its installed directory.  You can find 777 documents in the \PMDG\PMDG 777\Documents folder..... or something like that.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the same problem..I have raised a ticket for it...using adobe if I try to open links from the OC it doesn't launch properly...I get the same result.. using other apps it works e.g. Foxit...   

Waiting on them to progress but I suspect they have their hands full so need to be patient...

Craig Read, EGLL

Can you open the pdf files in \PMDG\PMDG 777X\Flight Manuals with your Adobe reader without involving the OC?  If not, it could be a problem with file association assignment in your OS.

Dan Downs KCRP

18 hours ago, downscc said:

Can you open the pdf files in \PMDG\PMDG 777X\Flight Manuals with your Adobe reader without involving the OC?  If not, it could be a problem with file association assignment in your OS.

I'm afraid there are no issues with the file associations in Windows.  If i load them independently from the folder there are no issues at all.  If i try to use the links, the OC appears to start two instances (in Task Manager) of Adobe Reader DC, if I don't terminate these manually Adobe won't execute at all from that point (loading another PDF, starting the app from start.. etc.. etc).  If I don't terminate the process any further start of Adobe through anything starts a further two instances (making me have 4), if I click the link again in the OC, another 2 (6 now) and so on.. If I terminate them all, so none are running and go to load the PDFs directly, it's all normal again.. untill I use the link in the OC.. Ryan asked if I'd tried Foxit.. I installed that, made the file association, and the link in the OC works fine.. but not with Adobe..  It never has for me I am afraid.. and I use all the Adobe apps and it should probably work with the standard software from the developer of the actual PDF format surely ;) ... (yanking everyone's chain here.. take with some jest)..

In terms of the Windows install, it's Windows 10 Pro.. and quite a recent rebuild for P3D v4.. it's also fully patched.. Anyway I'll wait till the latest back on the ticket..  But it's not stopping me doing anything, it's just an irritant.

Cheers

Craig Read, EGLL

2 hours ago, craig_read said:

But it's not stopping me doing anything, it's just an irritant.

Fully understand.  Please post the fix when it's resolved.

Dan Downs KCRP