Sign in to follow this  
crashbar

Cant recognize Wheel Chalks and no 300ER

Hello,

I updated to the new 777 and 747 last night.  I first removed them both from Control Panel>Programs and Features and then installed the new downloads.  I run FSX-Acceleration.  The 747 works just fine.  However the 777 now will not let me use the 777-300 expansion.  I downloaded the expansion and it put the 777-300 files in the FSX>Simobjects>Airplanes file, but when I start FSX it only shows the 777-200.  When I open the PMDG Operations Center and select 777 for FSX, and then select the expansion it says:

"Please note:  You have installed a version of this PMDG product in FSX:SE, which means you can also run this software in FSX by installing the FSX version of the PMDG 777-200LRF, then installing this expansion product from your installer".

This is just awesome, as I have never installed FSX:SE in my life on this computer.  Also now when I start a flight I try to use my GSX it tells me that I have to set park brakes before service, the problem is the plane starts with Wheel Chalks set but NOW for some reason GSX does not recognize the Wheel Chalks.  Is this a GSX issue??  I ask because before I downloaded these new updates EVERYTHING was working just fine.   Any help with these issues is greatly appreciated.

Dominick Lafayette

As of a few updates ago, I also noticed that the chocks are no longer being simulated by setting the parking brake. It's not a GSX issue, as far as I can tell. So it would seems the way around it is to in fact set the parking brake when GSX requires it.

As to your other issue, sorry. I don't run FSX so I have no idea what's going on there, but I have seen others struggle with the expansion after the update, so you're not alone. Maybe someone else has found a solution...

Walter Meier

The 777-300 expansion is work in progress for P3D, it will be along soon and I don't think this affects FSX but it could. However, you said you installed the 77W by putting files in SimObjects folders.... without using the installer? That doesn't work with PMDG products and never has.  There are also files that go into guages, into PMDG and into the OC as well as registry entries.

Regarding Wheel Chocks, I haven't played with that specific feature yet but they probably adopted a feature from the B744 where the chocks are separate from parking brake.  Chocks are set from the FS Actions menus or an assigned key command.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello downscc, no I never stated that I installed any 77W file, all I did was delete both the 747 and 777 using Control Panel>Programs and Features and then installed both 777 and 747 base packages from PMDG website.  Then I downloaded the 777-300 expansion.  It loaded fine and I can see the 777-300 file in the simobjects>airplanes folder, but the 777-300 does not show up when I go to the chose plane section of FSX.  However the 777-200, 747 and 737 all show just fine.  When I went to the PMDG Operations Center and selected the 777-300 expansion thats when I read the this:

"Please note:  You have installed a version of this PMDG product in FSX:SE, which means you can also run this software in FSX by installing the FSX version of the PMDG 777-200LRF, then installing this expansion product from your installer".

I did nothing else to this point.  I did contact GSX on the Wheel Chalk problem and they are looking into it, however before I installed the new 777 and 747 versions wheel chalks were fine.  The Wheel Chalk issue only effects the 777.    Dominick Lafayette

Quick note:

Chocks.

Chalks are what you used to draw on sidewalks and blackboards with.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle your comment was a real big help!  Now if anyone has anything actually helpful to say much appreciated, thanks.  Dominick Lafayette

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crashbar said:

Thanks Kyle your comment was a real big help!  Now if anyone has anything actually helpful to say much appreciated, thanks.  Dominick Lafayette

Alright lets not be too rude. Have you tried opening a support ticket?

No not yet. I thought I would try here first. Also I was going to give FSDT a few days to see if its something they could fix as far as the "Chocks" go.  The 777 expansion not working is a different matter.  I'm not sure why its not working properly.  I will open a ticket if it will help, thanks.  Dominick Lafayette

On 7/2/2017 at 11:28 AM, crashbar said:

I updated to the new 777 and 747 last night.  I first removed them both from Control Panel>Programs and Features and then installed the new downloads.  I run FSX-Acceleration.  The 747 works just fine.  However the 777 now will not let me use the 777-300 expansion.  I downloaded the expansion and it put the 777-300 files in the FSX>Simobjects>Airplanes file, but when I start FSX it only shows the 777-200.  When I open the PMDG Operations Center and select 777 for FSX, and then select the expansion it says:

Hi Dominick,

Sorry you are having so many problems.  I don't know about GSX so I will stick to the 777-300ER problem.

First, did you uninstall and reinstall in the correct order - uninstall 777-300, uninstall 777-200LR, download from PMDG and install new version of 777-200LR, reinstall 777-300ER?  AFAIK, the 777-300ER has not been changed -- version number that shows on my OC (running FSX Steam) is 1.10.7025; version for 777-200LR is 1.10.8378.   You can tell the version of the installation file by looking in the read-me file in the zip folder for each.

If you did follow the correct order:

I did not uninstall the 777-300ER at all.  The usual procedure is to uninstall both, download new versions, reinstall both as I just described.  But since I knew the 777-300ER was not yet updated, I just left it alone.  I did uninstall the 777-200LR, download the newest version of that aircraft from PMDG, and then install it.  Both versions are working fine.  So if you still have the older installation files for both aircraft -- version 1.10.7025 for both -- you might try uninstalling both (300ER, then 200LR), reinstalling the 7025 versions for both (200LR then 300ER), , uninstalling the 777-200LR version 7025 ONLY, leaving the 300ER alone, and then installing the newest 777-200LR (8378 as of this moment). 

I don't know if this will work or not.  I am puzzled by the OC message that you have the Steam version installed -- are you absolutely sure you never had a Steam version of FSX on your current computer?  If you did there might be a registry error that is causing some installation issue.

Just some thoughts -- take it or leave it as you wish!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

17 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Quick note:

Chocks.

Chalks are what you used to draw on sidewalks and blackboards with.

Chalk's Airline... sorry I couldn't resist.:biggrin:

On 7/3/2017 at 4:26 AM, crashbar said:

Hello downscc, no I never stated that I installed any 77W file, all I did was delete both the 747 and 777 using Control Panel>Programs and Features and then installed both 777 and 747 base packages from PMDG website.  Then I downloaded the 777-300 expansion.  It loaded fine and I can see the 777-300 file in the simobjects>airplanes folder, but the 777-300 does not show up when I go to the chose plane section of FSX.  However the 777-200, 747 and 737 all show just fine.  When I went to the PMDG Operations Center and selected the 777-300 expansion thats when I read the this:

I did nothing else to this point.  I did contact GSX on the Wheel Chalk problem and they are looking into it, however before I installed the new 777 and 747 versions wheel chalks were fine.  The Wheel Chalk issue only effects the 777.    Dominick Lafayette

have  you  got  the  all  variants  ticked

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 7/2/2017 at 11:28 AM, crashbar said:

Just in case you missed it, there's now a new version of the 777-300ER, full installer available on PMDG web site. So no reason to mess any further w/ the older -300ER version.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Got it working! Uninstalled and reinstalled (again) and this time the expansion is showing up in my planes.  Maybe the new expansion update fixed it, either way my flight from KATL to SBGL is back on!  Thanks all for the help.  Still working on the "Chocks" issue though hopefully it is something FSDT can patch.  Thanks again all, Crashbar.

Dominick Lafayette

4 hours ago, crashbar said:

Thanks all for the help.

Sorry for the unhelpful response, but it's not our product that's having the issue, so I couldn't really provide much else.

All the same, if you were to be searching around to see if anyone else is having the same problem, using the correct term would have gotten you better search results, so there's that...

Kyle Rodgers

I am actually having the same issue with the Chocks. Was never an issue before the update. And I'm using FSX.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!