Sign in to follow this  
crashbar

Cant recognize Wheel Chalks and no 300ER

I wonder what we are going to be able to chock this problem up to? 

Eric 

Have we established conclusively that this isn't the result of PMDG now intentionally modeling the chocks based on something other than the parking brake? I ask this because I noticed my VA's ACARS also reported the parking brake not being set when I only had chocks on. Based on this, I'm thinking it's not a GSX issue. But it's not necessarily an issue at all because chocks are not parking brakes.

Walter Meier

I made a post in the FSDT they said they would look into it, but no word yet.  The cholks worked for me prior to the 777 update as well, I'm not sure if it is on FSDT or PMDG side.  If I find a fix from FSDT I'll let ya know.  In that case should just be a simple update from them.  Crashbar.

Dominick Lafayette 

3 hours ago, crashbar said:

The cholks worked for me prior to the 777 update as well, I'm not sure if it is on FSDT or PMDG side.

Chocks

And it's not us. We may have changed our method, but we can't re-write the piece of code that recognizes chocks on or off for them.

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Chocks

And it's not us. We may have changed our method, but we can't re-write the piece of code that recognizes chocks on or off for them.

Hey Kyle,

Normall I would agree with you, but in this case, there have been no GSX updates. The only updates have been PMDG. It might be worth looking into.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

19 minutes ago, skyymann said:

Hey Kyle,

Normall I would agree with you, but in this case, there have been no GSX updates. The only updates have been PMDG. It might be worth looking into.

Scott

Scott (just so you're aware, PMDG require full names, first and last, in the forums),

I think what Kyle means is that they have changed the method by which the chocks work (before it used to force on the parking brake regardless of the parking brake handle position), it now seems to work without forcing on the parking brake. FSDT need to update GSX to recognise when the chocks are on, it looks like GSX works based only on the parking brake status.

On 3/7/2017 at 2:52 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Quick note:

Chocks.

Chalks are what you used to draw on sidewalks and blackboards with.

It had me confused too, one way of getting attention in a post, I suppose :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

3 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Scott (just so you're aware, PMDG require full names, first and last, in the forums),

I think what Kyle means is that they have changed the method by which the chocks work (before it used to force on the parking brake regardless of the parking brake handle position), it now seems to work without forcing on the parking brake. FSDT need to update GSX to recognise when the chocks are on, it looks like GSX works based only on the parking brake status.

Kyle,

Is that what you meant?

Scott

Kendall S Mann

2 hours ago, skyymann said:

Is that what you meant?

Yes.

I get that something changed, but the point I was pressing back against was the idea that it's our 'fault'. We caused the change, sure, but it's something other developers will have to adjust to. Apple changed their charging cables a number of years back, too. People who made peripherals had to adjust to that. Saying it's Apple's fault that old peripherals don't work isn't entirely accurate. They don't work, sure, but there's a valid reason for that. It's called progress.

Kyle Rodgers

I definitely didn't want to come off as blaming PMDG.  As I said in my original post the chocks stopped working after the 777 update and I was just really bringing the problem to your attention and looking for feedback from anyone who might also have the same issue. I actually contacted FSDT first.  From the start I felt it was more on FSDT side.  I really brought the chocks up on a secondary issues as getting my 777-300 expac was my main concern and that has been fixed.  Moving on, this was quoted from a FSDT administrator: 

"If you say it only happened after the last PMDG update, it's possible something might have changed in the airplane, maybe they changed the name of the variable for the wheel chocks. We'll check this."

I'm sure that FSDT will have a fix soon.  One thing is for sure, you guys will never let me live down the "Chocks(Chalks)" misspell.   Crashbar

Dominick Lafayette

3 hours ago, crashbar said:

I definitely didn't want to come off as blaming PMDG.  As I said in my original post the chocks stopped working after the 777 update and I was just really bringing the problem to your attention and looking for feedback from anyone who might also have the same issue. I actually contacted FSDT first.  From the start I felt it was more on FSDT side.  I really brought the chocks up on a secondary issues as getting my 777-300 expac was my main concern and that has been fixed.  Moving on, this was quoted from a FSDT administrator: 

"If you say it only happened after the last PMDG update, it's possible something might have changed in the airplane, maybe they changed the name of the variable for the wheel chocks. We'll check this."

I'm sure that FSDT will have a fix soon.  One thing is for sure, you guys will never let me live down the "Chocks(Chalks)" misspell.   Crashbar

Dominick Lafayette

I  got no issues  with the wheel  chocks with  the 777-200  after  the update, i  take  it  you have  updated   gsx  to the latest  addon manager  i take  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, crashbar said:

One thing is for sure, you guys will never let me live down the "Chocks(Chalks)" misspell.

Hahah.... for sure.  One Chalk and you are a chalker for life.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes Peter I did update both GSX and PMDG 777 around the same time.  Ok Dan I'm changing my handle from Crashbar to Chalker.  Brilliant! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yes.

I get that something changed, but the point I was pressing back against was the idea that it's our 'fault'. We caused the change, sure, but it's something other developers will have to adjust to. Apple changed their charging cables a number of years back, too. People who made peripherals had to adjust to that. Saying it's Apple's fault that old peripherals don't work isn't entirely accurate. They don't work, sure, but there's a valid reason for that. It's called progress.

Thanks Kyle,

That's what I figured. And you know I wasn't pointing fingers, just trying to figure this out. I'm not so sure about the progress thing re: Apple! ;-)

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Well after the new updates from PMDG I know have the wheel chocks being detected.  Happy flights, Crashbar.

Dominick Lafayette