Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Help - Scenery no longer Loads

All of a sudden FS will no longer load scenery objects. I have been using FS9 with no problems for years with little or no problems. Been using standard start by executing FS9.exe. (2) create flight, (3) "Fly Now", and (4) "Loading scenery objects". FS now loads scenery; however it just stays at 0% or sometime gets to 10%. I have tried other sceneries but still no go. I end up going to task manager to stop FS, although it gives a message that it is still running. I have waiting for over 10 minutes and it just can't get pass 10%. Scenery use to load in less that a minute. I have not changed anything that I know of, except add a wireless mouse. I did add the new Alps scenery into Add Scenery, but it has been deleted. I do have a lot of payware scenery and airplanes but have never had any problems. Any help will surely be appreciatedThanksCarl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest firehawk44

Your FS9.cfg may be corrupted. I would back it up (or rename it) and then restart the sim and let FS9.cfg rebuild itself.Jim

Jim,Thanks for your response. After I wrote my need for help I have tried several changes but to no avail. As you suggested I tried FS9.cfg that but still no go.2. renamed one of my old scenery.cfg and tried it.3. Went into my scenery files and deactivated several suspects but still nothing. 4. Checked scenery.cfg to see if anything was out of place.Bottom line when program tries to load scenery objects it stays on 0%. Something has gone corrupt but I can't figure what. I notice that even in trying to change planes prior to "fly now" the program appears a little sluggish. Next step will do a defrag even if it isn't requiring one.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Carl,how about the following:1 - you copy yr entire fs folder to a safe place2- reinstall a fresh fs93- put back yr old fs (folder by folder) to the fresh version by overwritng to old filesmaybe this is way to find the problem ?b rdsg - Dick=

Dick,I was at work today trying to figure what I was going to do since nothing has worked so far. So your suggetion may be the only way to go. I hate to do this since I have a lot of payware planes and scenery. Not sure if I will run into any problems but will give it a try tonight. Thanks,Carl

Carl

Dick,What about if I rename the existiing FS folder to something other than FS9. Then reinstall fs9, which I assume FS will install to a new folder "FS". Or is there a way to do a new install over the existing FS9? I will probably have to reinstall all the payware, especially the planes.Carl

Carl

Guest firehawk44

Carl,Sorry my suggestion didn't work for you. I had a similar problem several months ago after installing MegaScenery. It was taking over 20 minutes to load scenery. Turned out to be my scenery priorities were messed up and, after doing some adjusting, everything loads in less than 2 minutes. I suggest reading a scenery.cfg priority thread which is currently running in this forum and make sure your priorities are correct as recommended by the scenery guru's.Jim

Hi Jim,I noticed the thread on scenery priorities earlier. I did take a quick glance. Will read it again to see if I can pick up any "help me" stuff. I have reinstalled FS by renaming my old FS. It did execute with no problem. So I may end up what Dick suggested next, if I can't find anything with the priorities. I also have a program called flight sim manager which checks for errors in scenery etc. but it didn't help.Carl

Carl

CAUTION: I HAVE NEVER TRIED THIS BACK UP FIRST!!!!!I think it might be worth trying to delete every scenery.dat file, to force FS9 to rebuild all the indices. If you are at the point of having to reload the whole sim, it might be worth giving a shot.scott s..

Thanks Scott.I went ahead and renamed my current FS to FSold and installed a new FS9. Howeever, after starting to add the various files over to the "new" FS, I may have stumbled on the problem with the old FS. It appearts the FSUIPC.dll is corrupt causing the scenery objects not to load. I deleted the FSUIPC files from my FSold and renamed everything and presto the old FS works. So far the only problem I now have is the Sfift Z only works in a "slew" mode. Don't have a clue why "shiftZ" doesn work in normal mode.I will keep testing to make sure everything is ok. I dreaded having to reload all the payware planes.Thanks for everyones input.Carl

Carl