Sign in to follow this  
firemixer

RAASPRO and P3Dv4

Hi, when I install the 747 the installer creates a raaspro folder inside my P3Dv4 and registers the raaspro.dll

That is not funny, because it installs the 32bit version of RAASPRO.dll (2.6.14.3), and I get a CTD. WIth deleting of the entry in dll.xml al is fine.

Same for 777

PMDG has not gotten the 64b locked version of RAAS working yet. No ticket necessary.  Everyone has the same dll.xml entry and no one out of many thousands has reported it causing a CTD.  How interesting that that is the case for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

PMDG has not gotten the 64b locked version of RAAS working yet. No ticket necessary.  Everyone has the same dll.xml entry and no one out of many thousands has reported it causing a CTD.  How interesting that that is the case for you.

So he should just ignore it and NOT submit a ticket because it works for everyone else, huh..? Right...

13 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

So he should just ignore it and NOT submit a ticket because it works for everyone else, huh..? Right...

I don't think that's what Dan meant. I think Dan was trying to point out that there shouldn't be RAAS 32bit getting installed with the 747 for P3Dv4. I think we should be asking why OP is having 32bit RAAS installed and registered in P3Dv4, when nobody else is. Dan was simply saying that if the installer was incorrectly doing this, then everyone would have the issue.

4 hours ago, firemixer said:

Hi, when I install the 747 the installer creates a raaspro folder inside my P3Dv4 and registers the raaspro.dll

That is not funny, because it installs the 32bit version of RAASPRO.dll (2.6.14.3), and I get a CTD. WIth deleting of the entry in dll.xml al is fine.

Same for 777

What installers are you using for the 747 and 777? Are these the latest installers designed for P3Dv4 or are you trying to force old installers using a migration tool?

Also, full names are required in the forums as per the rules.

Nope, what tried to say is everybody has the same 32b RAAS module loaded and this is the first report of a problem caused by it.  I assume everybody because I have it in my ProgramData\...\dll.xml.  If it is a problem then change the <Disable> value to TRUE, but I would wonder why it is a problem.  There is a very similar post in the LM forum and I do not know if the OP is the same over there, but in that problem statement there was a list of things in addition to the RAAS module that would cause a crash.  My gut says this guy was just frustrated and taking it out on PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

1. I'm not the one from P3D forum.

2. I'm not frustrated

3. In my case I had CTD, and when disabled all was fine. Why the CTD happend doesn't matter. Maybe combination of things.

But: There is no reason to install a 32bit dll and register it inside P3Dv4!

On ‎9‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:22 AM, firemixer said:

Hi,

1. I'm not the one from P3D forum.

2. I'm not frustrated

3. In my case I had CTD, and when disabled all was fine. Why the CTD happend doesn't matter. Maybe combination of things.

But: There is no reason to install a 32bit dll and register it inside P3Dv4!

It's done like that so that when RAAS does get updated, it's the case of pushing the new .dll which is a lot easier than having to reregister modules (requiring an uninstall/reinstall).