Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Operations Centre Issue

1 hour ago, FDX706 said:

Still doing the same thing. Never did this before. :mellow:

Thanks!!

Can you access the PMDG website?

Yes I can access the PMDG website. I've disabled my antivirus (Norton) and even edited the rules to allow the Ops center to run. Now the Ops Center keeps quitting. Not sure what to do. I there anyway I can download the Ops center manually?

24 minutes ago, FDX706 said:

Yes I can access the PMDG website. I've disabled my antivirus (Norton) and even edited the rules to allow the Ops center to run. Now the Ops Center keeps quitting. Not sure what to do. I there anyway I can download the Ops center manually?

When I used to have Norton, adding things to the exceptions list were ignored and it was always running even if I thought I had it turned off.  It always loads on boot and stays there.  I got rid of Norton.  Use Windows Defender, it's free and works better.

Dan Downs KCRP

17 minutes ago, downscc said:

When I used to have Norton, adding things to the exceptions list were ignored and it was always running even if I thought I had it turned off.  It always loads on boot and stays there.  I got rid of Norton.  Use Windows Defender, it's free and works better.

I uninstalled my antivirus... Same issue is occurring. Not sure what else to do.

Manually delete all the files except for OpsCenterUpdater.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center

Then try running the OpsCenterUpdater.exe.

Kyle Rodgers

Just did that... same thing. I stops at 488KB then I get " failed to download after 3 attempts. I also uninstalled/re-installed the 777-300ER to see if that helped but I didn't. Can't connect to the PMDG download server. I can get to the PMDG webpage however.

8 minutes ago, FDX706 said:

Just did that... same thing. I stops at 488KB then I get " failed to download after 3 attempts. I also uninstalled/re-installed the 777-300ER to see if that helped but I didn't. Can't connect to the PMDG download server. I can get to the PMDG webpage however.

It'll be the 200LR/F that has the OC in it. The 300ER is just an expansion and I don't think it has the OC in it.

Either way, what you're seeing points to a network issue either on, or between your computer and our servers. (The download of the OC is on a different server than our site, so access to our site only means so much.)

Kyle Rodgers

Ok. I'll try un-installing/re-installing the 200LR and see if that fixes it. I believe it my be on your end (the OC server). It seems I'm not the only one with this issue. I'll let you know what happens.

1 minute ago, FDX706 said:

Ok. I'll try unisatlling the 200LR and see if that fixes it.

Uninstall/reinstall of the 200LR/F really isn't going to do anything other than put an outdated version on your machine. I wouldn't do this unless we specifically instruct you to.

2 minutes ago, FDX706 said:

I believe it my be on your end (the OC server). It seems I'm not the only one with this issue. I'll let you know what happens.

If this were true, people wouldn't have the latest version. Given the number of posts about the v4-compatible NGX module in several people's OCs, this isn't the case. I get that this is frustrating, but work with us here instead of simply pointing the finger.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh no please don't misunderstand me.. Not pointing the finger at all. I appreciate the swift support. I was just saying what I thought by speculating from my perspective Well, I just re-installed the 200LR/F and the same issue remains. I hope we get it resolved soon. Take care and thanks for the help.

Just now, FDX706 said:

Well, I just re-installed the 200LR/F and the same issue remains.

As I'd mentioned, I'd really reserve this action for when we instruct you to do so. It usually just wastes your time, and can actually introduce new issues if it's done improperly. (And in other cases, removes traces of the issue that we could use in troubleshooting.)

1 minute ago, FDX706 said:

I hope we get it resolved soon. Take care and thanks for the help.

Welcome. I'd definitely start looking into connection issues. If you can try to access the internet by connecting through your cell phone, that might help track the issue down. That or if your sim computer is a laptop, try connecting at a local coffee shop or something. The aim is to troubleshoot connection issues by getting to our servers via a different route.

Kyle Rodgers

Tried different connections from the desktop. Still the same result everytime. Will keep trying. Hopefully we fine a solution soon.

Quick Update: I was able to connect to download the dll files but after the Ops Center ran the Updater quits.

Seems to be updated now..athough I keep getting a notification for and update. The Updater is saying up to date.

Glad you got yours working. I'm still having the exact same problem :(

EDIT: Finally working, havent changed a thing