Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Controller Settings Keep Coming Back

I have deleted all of my FSX-SE Controller Settings for Keyboard, Joystick, Rudder Pedals, Mouse and X-Box Controller because I completely use FSUIPC for Keyboard, Rudder Pedals, and Joystick and I use my X-Box Controller for ChasePlane. I also Unchecked "Enable Controller(s)" in the Calibration window

But I cannot figure out why the Enable Controller(s) automatically gets checked and many, if not all, of my Keyboard and Joystick settings get automatically put back in and I then have to go through the entire process of deleting them again - this happens many times.

Is there a way to permanently stop these events from automatically happening?

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

This happened to me too, but some guys on the A2A forum suggested I was shutting down the computer too quickly and FSX wasn't having enough time to save the new settings. Try that! Make sure FSX really is shut down before you close your computer. It certainly worked in my case. 

On 7/3/2017 at 8:08 AM, Mithras said:

This happened to me too, but some guys on the A2A forum suggested I was shutting down the computer too quickly and FSX wasn't having enough time to save the new settings. Try that! Make sure FSX really is shut down before you close your computer. It certainly worked in my case. 

I have tried your suggestion but I am still getting the Enable Controller{s} with an automatic check box even though I have unchecked it several times.

https://goo.gl/photos/foWFx9eDj6Y82zTGA

Regards, Dane

If you haven't already, try using the Save option on the Settings screen after setting things up the way you want it.  Then if necessary, hopefully you can reload those settings using the Load option.

Al

58 minutes ago, ark said:

If you haven't already, try using the Save option on the Settings screen after setting things up the way you want it.  Then if necessary, hopefully you can reload those settings using the Load option.

Al

Have not tried that so will give it shot...

Thanks, Dane

Regards, Dane