Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Issue in VR with Sim-Wings products

I'm having an issue with Aerosoft (Sim-Wings) products such as Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Menorca where it looks like the yellow taxiway lines, the red lines on the apron by the gates etc are all "floating" a couple of meters above the actual ground/terrain. I only see this problem along the taxiways and the aprons while the runways don't seem to be affected. Also I only see this in VR. Looking at a normal 2D display I don't see the same effect.

I guess reason for my issue might be I'm still on P3Dv3.2.3 because I noticed a similar issue with Aerosoft Rome and was told this was because I'm on P3Dv3.2 and they used some ground textures technique in the P3D SDK only compatible with P3Dv3.4 or later.

Reason I'm still on P3Dv3.2 is P3Dv3.4 never allowed me to fly normally without facing severe VAS issues. As for P3Dv4 I'll update to that version as soon as the PMDG NGX is available as well as FlyInside since I do all my flying in VR these days and need this software for a good VR experience since LM's attempt including built-in support for VR so far hasn't exactly been impressive IMHO.

Anyone else noticed the same issue in VR with these products and found a cure for the issue? Maybe it's not even possible to solve this when the products were built using this version of the P3D SDK but still thought I would ask before I get rid of the products for now until I have P3Dv4 installed.

Richard Åsberg