Sign in to follow this  
JannikBoLarsen

P2A Problems with taxi maintenance

Hi!

I experience heavy problems using the Taxi Maintenance.

At first it seems as if you work with some taxi point, it connects ALL taxi points and runways to the same path.

I have tried to investigate it a bit further and I am convinced, that the problem comes from NOT "refreshing" the data in the taxi path to the left in the Taxi Maintenance screen.

When I load the screen and type some ICAO code for a airport, it loads the taxi paths and points and all looks fine. When I then randomly select some taxi point, I get the Name, Type, Surface etc. in the "Taxi Path" as I should. But when I then select any other taxi point, the values in the Taxi Path does NOT change accordingly. If I then try to modify something and save the new layout, the information get corrupted, i.e. all taxi points and runway points get the same name!!

My P2A runs on a WIN10 "client" connected to FSX:SE via WideClient

I have experienced the problem in both V2.2.1.4 and V2.2.1.8.

Kind Regards

Jannik Bo Larsen

At present, if you select a Taxi Point, the only thing that changes is the Taxi Point.  If you want to edit or delete a Taxi Path, you have to select the Path by clicking on the line instead of a point.

The reason for this is that any one Taxi Point can be connected to multiple Taxi Paths, so the program does not change the Taxi Path based on a change in the Taxi Point.  The same is true if you select a Path, the selected point does not change because each path has at least 2 points.

Also, if you are adding multiple Taxi Points/Paths, you should save the work before you try to edit the name or type of the newly created elements. This is necessary to get an Id assigned to the new elements so that your changes will not be applied to all of them because when first created, they all have an Id of 0.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave!

Thank's for your quick reply - it helped a lot and I am now able to maintain taxiways without problem.

Just one simple question: What are the difference / the end effect between "Hold_Short" type and "ILS_Hold_Short" type, when you specify a taxi point?

Kind regards.

Jannik

I don't imagine any flight sim add-on distinguishes between the two critical  area boundaries and always uses the normal hold short point. In the US, the ILS hold short point is enforced only when the ceiling  is less than 800' or visibility  is less than 2 miles. This is to prevent any taxiing aircraft's radio systems from interfering with ILS navigation radios.

BTW, in RL I've never heard a ground controller reference the ILS hold short, but that's just me.

P2A uses the plain Hold_Short points when both are available.  So if you're defining a new hold short point, you can just use the Hold_Short type and it will do what is needed for the program.

Thank's guys for your informing answers.

Since I am not a pilot myself, I find every information from RL connected to the flightsim very interesting.

And every new day I work with and use the P2A I find it one of the most fantastic add-on's we simmers can get.

KR

Jannik