Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

GoFlight modules & Win 10 Nightmare!!

Hi everyone

Ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have never successfully been able to get my GoFlight modules to work consistently ... well apart from my MCP Pro which doesn't seem to have an issue

Yes  ... I have tried everything suggested  .....  USB Power management software  ..... Plug into USB 2.0 and not USB3.0 ...  Turn off USB3.0 support in the Bios ... use powered USB hubs  ... the list in endless but still no joy!!

I have just updated my Win 10 to the 'Creators Edition' and thought hmmmm this might be the answer  ..... but guess what ... They still do not work!!

I am running Prepar3D V4 and I am at a complete loss  ..... disillusioned is an understatement

These modules are not cheap and I think it is dreadful that there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to this problem ... it's not as if  WIndows 10 is new and untested .. it's been around quite a few years now!!

I wonder how on earth GoFlight  as a company stays in business or maybe it's just me with the problem  .... but somehow I don't think that is the case!

I would appreciate other peoples views and input on this

Cheers

Paul 

Hi Paul,

The only issue I'm aware of in Windows 10 (and Windows 8) is that the LED's sometimes do not work. This is resolved by running Windows8Fixer.cmd (part of the GoFlight Driver software). If that doesn't resolve the issue, unplug the devices that are not working and then run Windows8Fixer.cmd again. Plug in one device and test (unplug and re-run if it hasn't worked) - rinse and repeat!

If the issue is the devices locking up, then you need to make sure all the power management stuff is turned off and you need to spread the more power hungry devices such as the GF166 and GF46 etc across different hubs.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

I used to get so mad with my goflight stuff, especially when I would unplug modules the odd time to try to get to be recognized.  I could not understand why it was always a struggle to get in consistently working.  Then Wi8ndows 10 updates woukld come out, and again, it seemed to mess up my goflight software etc.

So, I then got the "GoFlight Interface Tool" and all has been fine ever since :)

Bruce

Bruce Wood

I tried what Steve suggested and to a degree I have had some success (Thank you for that Steve .. it is well appreciated)

I spread the load over powered hubs and even used USB connections built into my screens ( I used 4 screens) ... but it is still flaky and temperamental

Maybe I should look at the 'Interface Tool' .. is this payware software?

Paul

.. all my GF modules used to work flawlessly for many years, since upgraded to win10 they ,actually, ceased working or shell I say response properly, GF customer service put lot of afford to figure out what seems to be the problem, but no luck, and currently they are almost useless. I tried everything Paul tried and needless to say nothing brought "Cure". 

The interface tool is Over Killer for me, and I feel like a wonderful tool if you are M.I.T grad :-) 

Cheers 

Yair 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:50 AM, Paul_ said:

Ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have never successfully been able to get my GoFlight modules to work consistently ... well apart from my MCP Pro which doesn't seem to have an issue

I gather that there is some reason for not reverting to W7?

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, vp49p3 said:

I gather that there is some reason for not reverting to W7?

Well .. I need to be ahead of the game so Windows 10 is a definite must  ......

Yes .. with Windows 7 I had no issues at all with GoFlight modules but why should I be held back because of insufficient/inadequate drivers from GoFlight !!

It's not that Windows 10 is new anymore ..... GoFlight should be on top of this by now!! 

1 hour ago, Paul_ said:

It's not that Windows 10 is new anymore ..... GoFlight should be on top of this by now!! 

It's not a Goflight issue, the issue is between Windows 10's USB implementation and the design of the USB on the newer motherboards.

Only use the USB2 ports preferably with the Goflight modules plugged in to powered USB1 hubs (yes USB1)

When I ran Windows 10 all my Goflight modules worked fine MCP pro, MCP Adv, GF166, GF 48, GF46, GFP8 all split between four USB1 hubs with 4.5 amp PSU's.

2 minutes ago, Glynn said:

It's not a Goflight issue, the issue is between Windows 10's USB implementation and the design of the USB on the newer motherboards.

Only use the USB2 ports preferably with the Goflight modules plugged in to powered USB1 hubs (yes USB1)

When I ran Windows 10 all my Goflight modules worked fine MCP pro, MCP Adv, GF166, GF 48, GF46, GFP8 all split between four USB1 hubs with 4.5 amp PSU's.

Well that's a bit of a bugger if your motherboard only has USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 ports!!

USB 1.0 is archaic .... Welcome to 2017

I still think that this is something GoFlight should be addressing .....  These modules aren't cheap!

1 hour ago, Paul_ said:

USB 1.0 is archaic .... Welcome to 2017

My Goflight stuff works though, Win7 and USB1 hubs into USB2 ports,

You are welcome to keep 2017 and it's non working Goflight modules

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 0:46 AM, Paul_ said:

I tried what Steve suggested and to a degree I have had some success (Thank you for that Steve .. it is well appreciated)

I spread the load over powered hubs and even used USB connections built into my screens ( I used 4 screens) ... but it is still flaky and temperamental

Maybe I should look at the 'Interface Tool' .. is this payware software?

Paul

.. I just swap a Powered USB3 hub and plugged all modules to Powered USB2 and made sure the latest GF 2.27 is installed, but still no good ..what a bummer ..

I do not think using GFIT will do much for the issue is way more profound, more likely Hardware Drivers Bridges issue .... but if get and able to configure GFIT (I have the XP version & it is overwhelming), please let us know    

Hi All,

I have also some problems with my goflight modules. With the same pc, all works on w7. But with w10 it is not the case.

In this image the two upper modules does not work with w10. I tried a lot of stuff but with no result.

34275308893_f313c9868f_o.jpg

Marc

FS2020alpha, P3D v5 - W10 - i7-8700k @4.7GHz - Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti-O11G-Gaming - Noctua NH-U12S - SSD Samsung 970 Evo M.2 PCIe NVMe 1To - Cooler Master G650M - HP 35" OMEN X 21:9 3440x1440

..yep... seems like lot of us facing issues, I hope that more and more Simmers will contact GF to express their frustrations, maybe we can get a bit more attention. As much as I use to like GF modules and had no issues for many years, they are currently, almost useless, and if I would not find a way to resolve the issues I'll consider to part and get read of them, I assume that there are other options in the market that will serve the purpose

Cheers          

A notice for GIT :

If your modules are freezing, it can help a lot (your modules have old firmwares and the only way to upgrade is …. returning back to USA and pay.

No way to know if the latest firmwares are stronger, the lack of support ais a strong characteristic