Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Foreflight in V4?

Vatsim does and FSXFlight works good with P3Dv4.  There has to be traffic in the area, for the traffic button to be visible.  I did a flight on Vatsim yesterday, and had visible traffic on Foreflight.

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2017 at 1:55 PM, medx421 said:

Vatsim does and FSXFlight works good with P3Dv4.  There has to be traffic in the area, for the traffic button to be visible.  I did a flight on Vatsim yesterday, and had visible traffic on Foreflight.

I must be doing something wrong then because I’m doing a flight on Vatsim right now and not getting anything!

Does anyone have any insight on the networked broadcast of the FSXFlight? When I run it in broadcast mode, I can't see it in FF. However if I run it in direct connect (with my iPad's IP address entered) it shows up.

Win10Pro, and two different routers (ASUS AC3100 and Google Wifi mesh). Both with same results.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

3 hours ago, DVA6377 said:

I must be doing something wrong then because I’m doing a flight on Vatsim right now and not getting anything!

Have you checked in Foreflight: Settings -> Traffic -> Hide Distant Traffic (make sure that's not enabled) ?

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

3 hours ago, DVA6377 said:

The traffic literally has to be within 10-15 miles. It's essentially within the general limits of your a/c's TCAS. It won't show you an aircraft 40 miles away. 

Always in our hearts AVQ1. Andre Roy. 

Air Traffic Controller New York TRACON

7 hours ago, RedSpinnaker said:

Does anyone have any insight on the networked broadcast of the FSXFlight? When I run it in broadcast mode, I can't see it in FF. However if I run it in direct connect (with my iPad's IP address entered) it shows up.

Win10Pro, and two different routers (ASUS AC3100 and Google Wifi mesh). Both with same results.

Had to run in IP mode for another reason; aircraft would zip to my actual GPS lovation, them back to the flight path every five minutes or so. IP mode fixed that.

Clearly disconnects in some way. Does the same thing in P3D using GPS out. Go figure :>)

Mark

I really can't figure out where the problem lies with those who can't get this to work.  All I can say is re-trace your steps.  I use P3Dv4 currently, but it worked just as effectively when I used FSX, and FSX-SE.

Some possible tips:

-Make sure the computer you are simming on and your ipad displaying Foreflight are on the same network.

-Make sure you FSUIPC installed and that it shows in the modules when your sim is running.  You don't have to have the paid version, but make sure you have the correct FSUIPC for the sim that you are using.

-Make sure in Foreflight that you have added FSXFlight as a device, and that it shows up in your devices list.

-Make sure traffic is checked in the drop down menu of the map page.  A caveat to this, is that that option won't display if there is no traffic visible.

-I do NOT have the GPS data out checked in P3Dv4.

-Start up order for me is P3D, vPilot, FSXFlight, then Foreflight.  I only fly online, so the traffic is network dependent as I have it turned off when not online.  That said, I know from previous experience that non-online traffic (ex: Ultimate Traffic) shows just fine as well. 

Otherwise, it's pretty seamless, and out of the box.  I wish I could help more, but I just have never had issues with it so I'm speculating here.  Good luck!

Nick

I noticed today that I am unable to link my Foreflight on the iPad with the sim through FSX Flight...my guess, the new iOS update? Thoughts?

I still did not get an all clear from Foreflight for the 11.2.2 iOS update and the warning email not to update was on Jan 8. Yea it's probably is that, I'd shoot Foreflight an email and let them know the issue as they are still testing and it would make them aware of it. 

Brian

1 minute ago, Brian K Unruh said:

I still did not get an all clear from Foreflight for the 11.2.2 iOS update and the warning email not to update was on Jan 8. Yea it's probably is that, I'd shoot Foreflight an email and let them know the issue as they are still testing and it would make them aware of it. 

Brian

Thank you Brian

Hi all,

I finally found a working solution to connect ForeFlight with Prepar3D V4.1, you may find this helpful. The best about it: it's free! No payware plugin needed. Let me know if it is working for you aswell!

I made a short video on my channel about it:

All the best,
flying_David

Why the suggested tools

On 1/15/2018 at 5:13 AM, Brian K Unruh said:

Brian

It's all GREEN on the "iOS Update Green Light Program" from iPad Pilot News for 11.2.5. I'm not sure at all the "compatible" includes iPad to FSx/P3D tests ;)

iOS-Green-Light-11.2.5-final-1068x988.pn

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Hello

I'm returning to FSX after a long hiatus (in which time I also got my PPL and am working on my IFR)..

Returning to FSX as a training tool, and wanted to use Foreflight with FSX.

I purchased FSXFlight for the website.

I requires FSXIUPC, which I've downloaded and am trying to install.

FSXUIPC is looking for a Prepar3d V4, which I don't have and is priced at $199 US.  

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks from this old newbie