Jim Young

Over 750 Flight Sim Titles on Sale at PC Aviator

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just got LatinVFR KeyWest, John Wayne Intl, and Bradley Intl (where FanCon 2017 took place). 

Thanks for the heads up Jim. I also got John Wayne Intl.  I've been eye balling that one for a few weeks.

Disregard.....found the Bradley scenery.

Yes after seeing the developer and having bought one of their previous products (although they support a worthy cause)......I would not make that mistake again, especially for a P3Dv4 install.

I have had a chance to check out the airports I purchased (John Wayne, Key West, and Bradley) and would not recommend.  I think all of the airports should have demos like FSDT/FlightBeam and would not recommend anyone buying an airport w/o seeing it first.  Uninstalling....

I'm surprised to hear that about SNA, not so much about BDL.

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

I have had a chance to check out the airports I purchased (John Wayne, Key West, and Bradley) and would not recommend.  I think all of the airports should have demos like FSDT/FlightBeam and would not recommend anyone buying an airport w/o seeing it first.  Uninstalling....

You didn't like any of the three..?

No sir.  I do have their KMIA V3 and KSAN installed and those are excellent but do not like the others I just purchased.  I probably should have read a review or something here at AVSIM before purchasing.  :wink:

Thanks for the advice, Jim. I was on the fence to grab KW. Not any more. How is KMIA v3 regarding performance?

11 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

How is KMIA v3 regarding performance?

IMHO KMIA V3 is an awesome product.  I use it with Drzewiecki's Miami X and they are an excellent combination.  As far as performance is concerned, I have most of my sliders maxed and get 40-60 fps but then I have a super powerful computer system I just built (see signature).  I do see some lag in rendering textures though and working on getting that worked out (this even though the fps are above 40 fps constantly).  As a volunteer here at AVSIM I really do not get much time to play and tweak and enjoy.  There are just too many toys being released like those from PMDG, FSDT, FlightBeam, Carenado, Drzewiecki, and Milviz to name a few.  Plus new weather upgrades.  All for the new P3Dv4.  I have also been busy updating and publishing the latest releases of the AVSIM CTD and FSX Configuration Guides.  I have a feeling a couple of my maxed out settings are causing problems and I will just have to play with the settings for a while. 

I've a much modest system than you (i5 2500+gtx 970+ 8Gb Ram). Maxing out the sliders are not an option for me but it runs with a nice eye candy and smoothly most of the time... Even with modest settings KMIA v3 should be heavy on my computer unfortunately. Thanks for the info, Jim.

Cheers

Tell me what is wrong with John Wayne Airport?  It is official airport for Walt Disney's Disneyland.  John Wayne airport used to be called Orange County airport. Am I correct?

Regards,

Aharon

Nothing wrong with John Wayne.  It looks okay.  I just did not like it in comparison to the many other airports I have purchased. 

Jim,

Thanks for reply.  Hope all is well with you!!

Regards,

Aharon

On 03/07/2017 at 9:31 PM, crosswind said:

Thanks for the update Jim

+++1, saved me hurtling into a mis-buy. Thanks, Jim.