Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Over 750 Flight Sim Titles on Sale at PC Aviator

PC Aviator is having a sale up to 80% off on over 750 Flight Sim products until Midnight Friday 7 July EST - http://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just got LatinVFR KeyWest, John Wayne Intl, and Bradley Intl (where FanCon 2017 took place). 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the heads up Jim. I also got John Wayne Intl.  I've been eye balling that one for a few weeks.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Disregard.....found the Bradley scenery.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

42 minutes ago, crosswind said:

Jim,

Who is the developer of Bradley Intl as I am unable to find it?

It looks nasty!  But here you go  http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=21273&cat=0&page=1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Yes after seeing the developer and having bought one of their previous products (although they support a worthy cause)......I would not make that mistake again, especially for a P3Dv4 install.

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

I have had a chance to check out the airports I purchased (John Wayne, Key West, and Bradley) and would not recommend.  I think all of the airports should have demos like FSDT/FlightBeam and would not recommend anyone buying an airport w/o seeing it first.  Uninstalling....

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for the update Jim

Banner_MJC8.png

I'm surprised to hear that about SNA, not so much about BDL.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

I have had a chance to check out the airports I purchased (John Wayne, Key West, and Bradley) and would not recommend.  I think all of the airports should have demos like FSDT/FlightBeam and would not recommend anyone buying an airport w/o seeing it first.  Uninstalling....

You didn't like any of the three..?

No sir.  I do have their KMIA V3 and KSAN installed and those are excellent but do not like the others I just purchased.  I probably should have read a review or something here at AVSIM before purchasing.  :wink:

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for the advice, Jim. I was on the fence to grab KW. Not any more. How is KMIA v3 regarding performance?

11 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

How is KMIA v3 regarding performance?

IMHO KMIA V3 is an awesome product.  I use it with Drzewiecki's Miami X and they are an excellent combination.  As far as performance is concerned, I have most of my sliders maxed and get 40-60 fps but then I have a super powerful computer system I just built (see signature).  I do see some lag in rendering textures though and working on getting that worked out (this even though the fps are above 40 fps constantly).  As a volunteer here at AVSIM I really do not get much time to play and tweak and enjoy.  There are just too many toys being released like those from PMDG, FSDT, FlightBeam, Carenado, Drzewiecki, and Milviz to name a few.  Plus new weather upgrades.  All for the new P3Dv4.  I have also been busy updating and publishing the latest releases of the AVSIM CTD and FSX Configuration Guides.  I have a feeling a couple of my maxed out settings are causing problems and I will just have to play with the settings for a while. 

Submit News to AVSIM

I've a much modest system than you (i5 2500+gtx 970+ 8Gb Ram). Maxing out the sliders are not an option for me but it runs with a nice eye candy and smoothly most of the time... Even with modest settings KMIA v3 should be heavy on my computer unfortunately. Thanks for the info, Jim.

Cheers

Tell me what is wrong with John Wayne Airport?  It is official airport for Walt Disney's Disneyland.  John Wayne airport used to be called Orange County airport. Am I correct?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg