Sign in to follow this  
red fred

Strange issue with the 777 fmc after reinstall

14 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Hi Fred,

I am running FSX Steam.  Just want to note that with the newest version of the 777-200LR, I had a problem that appears to be fixed by using a fresh panel state and newly entered flight plan

.  I loaded a ready for takeoff situation using an existing panel state, including flight plan.  After take off I simulated an engine failure.  In trying to return to the airport, upon choosing an approach from the list of approaches for the departure airport, FSX crashed.  This happened twice.

I then set up a similar situation, but using the default, engines-on panel state, creating a new flight plan using the CDU to enter it, and no more crash.

So my point  is, if you are using an old situation/flightplan/whatever, maybe that is the source of your problem.

Mike

Thanks MIke,

I'm running FSX. Sorry I didn't mention that before.

The only time I get this problem is when my ADIRU is not alligned.

Once it is alligned I can do whatever I want, with flightplans or whatever I want do do or change.

I doubt if it has something tot do with addons, because my config hasn't changed lately, and my 777 used to run like clockwork.

Fred

8 minutes ago, red fred said:

The only time I get this problem is when my ADIRU is not alligned.

Once it is alligned I can do whatever I want, with flightplans or whatever I want do do or change.

Hi Fred,

Is it possible you are using an old panel state (created before the current 777 version), or one derived from an old panel state?   It looks like PMDG has NOT updated its supplied startup panel states, but sometimes saving, reloading, saving, reloading can produce issues.  Or just one panel state can develop strange glitches.

When I get a chance I will double check if an unaligned ADIRU situation causes flight plan issues. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Gents,

Wow- you guys WILL argue about nearly anything, sometimes.  :laugh:

Fred,

We haven't heard any reports of this from any other corners- but I am unable to try it myself at the moment to see if I can reproduce it, as I'm not in the office.  Normally something like what you are seeing would create a pretty significant amount of traffic at support- which has me leaning in the direction of "something is getting vacuumed up in your location installation that is creating this CTD event."

Things to try:

1) Go into the <FSX ROOT>/PMDG/PMDG 777X directory and delete the 777X_Options.ini file, then try again.

2) Delete if you are using a panel-state (even if it is one we gave to you) try deleting it and recreating it using your currently installed 777.  (tedious, i know- but it will be faster than waiting for me to get to the office to test for you...)  Once you have that saved- try loading it and starting your process again....

Let us know?  I'm sure we are going to find some setting in one of those two files is setting this up- and if that is the case we will want copies of those files so we can try to duplicate it in-house and prevent it... 

Thanks, Fred- sorry for the hassle.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

6 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

Fred,

We haven't heard any reports of this from any other corners- but I am unable to try it myself at the moment to see if I can reproduce it, as I'm not in the office.  Normally something like what you are seeing would create a pretty significant amount of traffic at support- which has me leaning in the direction of "something is getting vacuumed up in your location installation that is creating this CTD event."

Things to try:

1) Go into the <FSX ROOT>/PMDG/PMDG 777X directory and delete the 777X_Options.ini file, then try again.

2) Delete if you are using a panel-state (even if it is one we gave to you) try deleting it and recreating it using your currently installed 777.  (tedious, i know- but it will be faster than waiting for me to get to the office to test for you...)  Once you have that saved- try loading it and starting your process again....

Let us know?  I'm sure we are going to find some setting in one of those two files is setting this up- and if that is the case we will want copies of those files so we can try to duplicate it in-house and prevent it... 

Thanks Robert. I will try your options later today or tomorrow morning. I will let you know the results.

Thank you for your quick respons.

Fred

I set up a flight last night, including flight plan, with the ADIRU off, and had no problem with the legs page or anything else.  I then turned on the ADIRU and while it was aligning I could look at the flight plan with no issues.   Used latest version of 777-200LR in FSX-SE, latest version of -300ER (downloaded last night) also installed.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

14 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

Fred,

Things to try:

Hi Robert,

I tried both your suggestions, but they unfortunately didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions that I could try?

Fred

6 minutes ago, red fred said:

I tried both your suggestions, but they unfortunately didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions that I could try?

Hi Fred,

How did you load the flight plan?  If it was created by an external program, or if it s one you saved using a previous version of the 777, what happens if you create the same flight plan from scratch by manually entering all the waypoints, departure, approach, using the CDU screen?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

11 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Hi Fred,

How did you load the flight plan?  If it was created by an external program, or if it s one you saved using a previous version of the 777, what happens if you create the same flight plan from scratch by manually entering all the waypoints, departure, approach, using the CDU screen?

Mike

Hi Mike,

I always insert a flightplan manualy. I generate a flightplan with simbrief.com and I build it in the FMC by hand.

I know I could load is, but it's my own choice not to do that.

I just tried to enter a complete flightplan from one of the previous flightplans I saved.

It seemed to work at first. I could enter the legs page. But 5 tot 10 seconds later it crashes again.

So it comes down to this: As long as my ADIRU is not online or aligning, I can enter flightplans through the route page, but I cannot in any way enter the legs page.

Once my ADIRU is alligned I can do everything on any page.

It is nog a very big issue but I would to get it back to the state it was before the update.

Fred

Try a brand-new flightplan. I had a CTD using an exising flightplan, but a new one seems to work (so far)!

Error was

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.15063.413, time stamp: 0x5ba8b66e
Exception code: 0xc0000409

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hey Robert,

Problem is not solved with the july 12 installer.

Thanks for your support!!

Fred

7 hours ago, red fred said:

Problem is not solved with the july 12 installer.

Thanks for your support!!

Hi Fred,

Sorry you are still having this issue. 

Perhaps it is  a problem with a specific livery.  Does this happen with all or several liveries?  Try loading the PMDG livery (assuming you are using a different one).  Also try different ones from different airlines.  If that fixes it, it could be a problem with the specific aircraft settings file, found in \FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X\Aircraft .  They are by tail number, for example N772LR.ini is for the PMDG livery of the 777-200LR. 

If that doesn't fix it, just to cover all bases:

1) When you install a new version, do you a) uninstall the 777-300 (if you have it) b) uninstall the 777-200LR, c) install the 777-200LR and d) install the 777-300 (if you have it)?  Also, perhaps when you uninstall-reinstall you should back up and delete the PMDG 777 gauges in FSX\gauges and let them be reinstalled by the new installation.  They are PMDG_777X.dll and PMDG_777X_2.dll.

2) When you start up, do you start with an brand new setup - at opening screen select aircraft, select airport?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 7/5/2017 at 4:08 AM, red fred said:

So it comes down to this: As long as my ADIRU is not online or aligning, I can enter flightplans through the route page, but I cannot in any way enter the legs page.

I keep my IRS alignment times set to realistic, so it is routine that I am doing all FMS preflight functions including flight plan while it is aligning and I've never had a problem.  This thread is getting pretty lengthy to not have fully defined the problem yet.  Don't take this as a criticism Fred, but I don't think I have enough information to exactly reproduce the steps you take to arrive at the problem.  You provide the general over view of what you are doing, and that would be good enough if the problem were identified by now.  Since it is not, time to get specific.  From the time you launch FSX walk us through the steps.  For example, you select the aircraft from Free Flight and click Fly Now...., then you load the colddark panel with the PMDG Options menu.  Then you.... , well, you get the idea.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 7/18/2017 at 5:01 PM, downscc said:

I keep my IRS alignment times set to realistic, so it is routine that I am doing all FMS preflight functions including flight plan while it is aligning and I've never had a problem.  This thread is getting pretty lengthy to not have fully defined the problem yet.  Don't take this as a criticism Fred, but I don't think I have enough information to exactly reproduce the steps you take to arrive at the problem.  You provide the general over view of what you are doing, and that would be good enough if the problem were identified by now.  Since it is not, time to get specific.  From the time you launch FSX walk us through the steps.  For example, you select the aircraft from Free Flight and click Fly Now...., then you load the colddark panel with the PMDG Options menu.  Then you.... , well, you get the idea.

Hopefully it isn't critical to know what beverage he was drinking, if any.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 minute ago, Captain Kevin said:

Hopefully it isn't critical to know what beverage he was drinking, if any.

If it is helpful.  I'm sure you're not being critical, just a humorist poke.  Just trying to help the guy.

Dan Downs KCRP

42 minutes ago, downscc said:

I'm sure you're not being critical, just a humorist poke.

Yeah, pretty much. For some reason, your post sort of reminded me of the one video on YouTube by College Humor about tech support. It was quite humourous.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.