Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anticyclone

Contacting Active camera

Guest Logan826

Does anyone know how to contact aticyclone for active camera. It seems that all the email address used at the site come back as invalid. The support page is a joke. The forums page is a dead link. I've done a format of my system, installed TrackIR and would like to use AC2004 aswell. I purchased this sometime back and now the key that I was given will not work. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks, Dan K

Dan,Before contacting Active Camera how about telling us what your problem is?One of the most common is losing Active Camera's 'fly-by' mode with TrackIR 4pro but, that is easily remedied by unticking 'Internal Pilot View' within actcive camera settings.Hope this info might help?Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

"One of the most common is losing Active Camera's 'fly-by' mode with TrackIR 4pro but, that is easily remedied by unticking 'Internal Pilot View' within actcive camera settings.".....on my setup, in addition to unticking 'Internal Pilot View' I had to uncheck 'Active Fly-by' as well otherwise I see the a/c rapidly flicking back and forth horizontally in flyby.Actually I wonder whether I have stumbled on something. On reading this thread, and before posting, I fired up the sim with TrackIR 4.1 build 28 to verify my settings in ActiveCamera 2004. While experimenting I noticed that TrackIR and ActiveCamera fly-by appeared to be working normally (!?) with both 'Active Fly-by' AND 'Internal Pilot View' checked.At first I thought it had something to do with smoothing being set to 100% in my FS9 customized profile. However, I found instead that I was in fact still using the 'Sample profile for combat flight' as I had been flying 'Lock On' yesterday (superb, BTW, with TrackIR). I changed back to my FS9 profile and everything remained stable. This is very strange!I honestly can't think of anything else other than the implementation of Greg's (SoarPics) ATI Alpha Channel tweak posted yesterday:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=13692&page=This has to be a red herring. Perhaps others with ATI Radeons might like to give it a try a report back.I'll see how it goes over the next few days.Mike :-hmmmP4 2.4GHz (400FSB), 1Gig PC2100 DDR Crucial, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Omega 3.8.205 (6.01) / Catalyst 6.1), SB Audigy (5.12.0001.0443), Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 17" TFT LCD 20ms Monitor (1280x1024x32), Gigabyte GA-8IRXP MoBo, Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 (160GB) + IBM Deskstar 120GXP UDMA100 (40 GB), Ultra-Quiet PSU 400W, Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse, WinXP Home (SP2), DirectX 9.0c, AGP Aperture = 128MB

Guest Anticyclone

Dan,Support page includes contact e-mail addresses active.camera@anticyclone.be and support@anticyclone.be Both addresses are working (I today received dozens e-mails).As for your reinstallation simply send me your current user registration key to support@anticyclone.be (as stated by Mike here after). 1. Open the Active Camera 2004 menu (FS2004 -Options - ActiveCamera 2004) 2. Click on "Register". 3. Your computer will generate the unique number which is your User registration key (32 digits).regards,

Guest Logan826

Dave, Thanks for the reply and all other too. Sorry to sound po'd but I was a little upset last night. Any, the problem you stated is the problem I was having before my reformat. After my format and I had MSFS reinstalled and running well, I found the fix for TIR and AC, I tried to reinstall AC2004 and ran into the key problem. Serg, I'm emailing you now with the info you requested. Thanks for the reply. Could you check on your support forum though, the page is a dead link. Thanks, Dan K

Sadly I have to report that it was indeed a red herring :(I flew the SF.260 tonight and experienced jumpiness in the VC while using TrackIR. Switching off BOTH 'Active Fly-by' AND 'Internal Pilot View' stops that. However, this of course means no Fly-by view is possible while TrackIR is active. :(It may be that certain a/c are more tolerant than others and this perhaps might be determined by their complexity and consequent use of system resources. My earlier apparent success was experienced in the RealAir version of the default Cessna 172 which is pretty system friendly as we all know.Mike

Guest Logan826

Serg, Ok, ran into an email problem again. My emails to you keep comming back with a fatal error, and that they are being blocked by spamcop ??? I don't understand this. I get this same error with either of the emails that you provided below. Dan K

Guest Anticyclone

Dan, I have no spam filters installed.Perhaps your ISP is on a black list and incoming mails are blocked by Powweb.com (my ISP).The forum at Anticyclone has been hacked a couple of months ago. I started to rebuild the database topic per topic, it takes time.Anyway I just sent you a PM through the Avsim forum.regards,