Sign in to follow this  
N1G

xEnviro - No Weather Creation Ability?

Was looking at some videos and was quite impressed with this product and then a couple of comments surfaced about weather creation, which stated it can't be done, nor can you request weather from a certain date. So does this mean if I fly in 1 or 2 states which I love to fly, where the weather this time of year is mostly clear, I am SOL yes? 

Unfortunately, yes. If the weather in your location is worse than you'd like, you have the option of reducing windspeeds and turbulence, or changing the weather conditions to 'CAVOK', but you can't get historic weather or create weather like you can with the default weather engine. They're planning on including this feature at a later date (v1.07, a huge update which won't include custom weather, has been taking a while, but hopefully once they release it updates will come faster). 

Still, I highly recommend xEnviro. Visually it looks the best (skycolors, cloud shape/textures, etc) and IMO it's well worth the high price tag, even if you can't create custom weather for now. Also, keep in mind that in the real world you can't create custom weather either! :biggrin: 

If you want to keep abreast of the latest updates from the developers or ask them questions, go to the xEnviro Facebook page. They have a bad habit of not providing updates on the org or their official website. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Hamoody

As hamoody says above, you have a limited amount of control over excessive winds and a minimum cloud base, but no historic or custom weather. It's current real weather only.

They may add historic weather at some point, but the devs have confirmed that XEnviro will never have full custom weather because it's incompatible with their server model. The weather is "assembled" on their server from proprietary data and then downloaded to the plugin for display. So the user has no way to directly control that. It's the opposite of how something like default weather or the SkyMaxx Pro plugin works, where a raw METAR is downloaded first, and then you have full local control over the results. 

There is also a problem with how they're currently handling copy protection. Apparently, if their system detects a hardware ID change on your end, it will just shut down the weather server so you'll always see clear skies. No indication to the user that it's an authorization problem. They really need to fix that.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yes, I was reading about the hardware issue and I can also understand and agree they have every right to do so. Very common today.  Just curious though if they have gone to far or deep with that, or, was it implemented incorrectly?

Any word when 1.07 will be available?

Bob

No word on 1.07, although from the dev posts it sounds like they've gone through the hardest part of the XP11-related updates. So it may not be long now.

10 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

No word on 1.07, although from the dev posts it sounds like they've gone through the hardest part of the XP11-related updates. So it may not be long now.

Just to be on the safe side, is 1.06 compatible with 11's latest builds?

Bob

I have it uninstalled right now, but it was compatible as of a few XP11 builds ago. I don't think anything has changed that would stop the plugin from working, but maybe someone else can confirm this.

1 hour ago, N1G said:

Just to be on the safe side, is 1.06 compatible with 11's latest builds?

Bob

I'm running 1.06 on 11.02r1 (the latest version I believe) with no issues whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, hamoody said:

I'm running 1.06 on 11.02r1 (the latest version I believe) with no issues whatsoever. 

Thanks Hamoody. I think I will get it next week sometime. I Just hope that they don't offer a special after I buy it :huh: