Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Prepar3D Addon Organizer 1.00 released

Hello @ll,

I have just uploaded version 1.00 of the AddonOrganizer to the Lorby-SI website (http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads).

I still consider it to be in beta status. Frequent backups of your config files are recommended.

Change log:
- Fixed serveral null-pointer exceptions when adding / editing scenery
- Accelerated the refresh of the main tree view, so the "up/down" buttons make more sense
- Added the option to activate/deactivate individual addon components in an external add-on.xml

That last part works, but it causes entries in the content error log of P3D. That cannot be avoided for now, so it is up to you if you use it or stick to the official method - which is to disable the complete addon package containing the component (and all others with it).

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks, Oliver!

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Thanks Oliver, very nice from you, great application.

Are there any special instructions on how to do the update to v1.00?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Oliver,

You're most certainly one of the guys who embody the spirit of flight sim that we had in the old days, when many people with your type of talent gave freely to the community and produced some incredible scenery, aircraft, graphics and utilities - and shared them with the community.

A huge THANK YOU, and tremendous respect for giving of your time and talent so freely!

• Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thank-You, for this Oliver. It is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks Oliver. It's a brilliant program.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

10 hours ago, edpatino said:

Thanks Oliver, very nice from you, great application.

Are there any special instructions on how to do the update to v1.00?.

Cheers, Ed

Hello Ed,

no, it should be enough to just run the installer. It will overwrite the existing exe - and there are no other files.

The app was built to assume that every time you start it is the first time - it doesn't keep any data of its own, instead it reads everything fresh from the disk.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Many thanks Oliver, can only echo what Dave said above.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

10 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Ed,

no, it should be enough to just run the installer. It will overwrite the existing exe - and there are no other files.

The app was built to assume that every time you start it is the first time - it doesn't keep any data of its own, instead it reads everything fresh from the disk.

Best regards

Good!. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hello @ll,

many thanks for your kind words!

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hello Oliver,

do you plan do includ the capability to create groups? That means that I can attach group designateors to sceneries so that I can activate certain aeras of the world (e.g. Germany only, or Western Europe, or Scandinavia, or US west coast). So I can attach certain group names to a scenery and only the sceneries belonging to a certain scenery are activated and the rest not. This speeds up loading times significantly.

Danke

Christian

9 hours ago, Shasta62 said:

Hello Oliver,

do you plan do includ the capability to create groups? That means that I can attach group designateors to sceneries so that I can activate certain aeras of the world (e.g. Germany only, or Western Europe, or Scandinavia, or US west coast). So I can attach certain group names to a scenery and only the sceneries belonging to a certain scenery are activated and the rest not. This speeds up loading times significantly.

Danke

Christian

Hallo Christan,

no, I don't have any plans to do that. This would mean that the app has to keep a local database, matching the groups to the sceneries. While this is not a problem technically, it is not what the app was designed for.

But using the xml addon definition files you can do that without an additional app. There is no rule that is saying that you can't have the same scenery configured more than once, it only cannot be active in more than one package. So you could construct add-on.xml configuration files that represent your different scenery preferences (for example by continent or country or scenery type...etc), and then turn them (=their addon package definition) on and off as desired. For example, I am doing this to switch between photoreal and normal scenery.

Viele Grüße

LORBY-SI

That's a great idea, Oliver! So I'll create more than one add-ones.xml and since I already start P3D with a batch file to select the Autogen I want (FranceVFR or FTX) I just use it to activate a certain xml file.

Danke für die Idee

Christian

Autogen can be an addon component in the xml files too. And aircraft, shaders, sound, tools, textures, ... every type of content really.

You could build entirely different simulator setups and "look&feel" with these addon xmls.

Maybe I should add an option to the P4AO that lets you duplicate an existing add-on.xml, and not only move but copy addon components from one package to the other?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Lorby,

would it be possible to implement an option to choose where a new addon's xml will be created, so that it must not be in the user/documents folder. I think at the moment that's the only location where your tool places new xml's? And of course if we could choose a destination folder it would be useful if your tool then also would make an package entry in the add-ons.cfg with the desired path.

Reason i ask is because yesterday i reinstalled my A2A aircraft and their new (again) updated V4 installers let you now choose a preferred installation folder anywhere you like and then also the package and path was added to the add-ons.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

For example i installed to E:\Addons\Aircraft\A2A where the corresponding xml also is now.

I then installed my RealAir Legacy the same way, of course manually, with adding an xml directly to the RealAir Legacy folder and adding an package entry to the add-ons.cfg under C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

I personally would like to have my addons together with their corresponding xml's all in my E:\Addons\Aircraft\... and E:\Addons\scenery\... structure. And therefore an option in your tool would be very handy.

Or are there any drawbacks in doing it this way??

Thanks!