Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

LatinVFR John Wayne Crashing V4

I am unable to post this at the LatinVFR forum as I am waiting on registration. I purchased John Wayne airport for P3Dv4 today but I can't load it. It crashes when loading @75%. It only happens when I choose John Wayne. Any tips? Thanks

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Have the same problem. I turned all antogen to normal and LOD down several notches. I was able to load it after that.

Also found that with AS 2016 and Asca, once it ctd' S, I have to manually shut both as16 and Asca down before starting up p3dv4 again.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

11 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Have the same problem. I turned all antogen to normal and LOD down several notches. I was able to load it after that.

Also found that with AS 2016 and Asca, once it ctd' S, I have to manually shut both as16 and Asca down before starting up p3dv4 again.

Turning down autogen & LOD didn't help. but thanks

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I've got the same problem and I believe it occurred after I installed the hotfix for V4.

+1 Same issue - I get a CTD on load and it looks like the culprit is terrain.dll.  I bought it on a Simmarket sale recently and installed after hotfix one so can't tie it to that specifically.  Following as I can't post on the flycay (LatinvFR) forums for support either.

14 minutes ago, jbrett2634 said:

I went in and unchecked all of the options in the lvr CP and it loaded. 

That worked for me. Cheers

Pete Richards

For me its the lights option in the LatinVFR KSNA config center that causes the crash. I can check all other options.

Pete Richards

It's conflicting with OpenLC or Global, can't remember...had the same problem in v3.x

6 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

It's conflicting with OpenLC or Global, can't remember...had the same problem in v3.x

With SoCal Region...

If you have SoCal ORBX region installed, there is known problem with KSNA, you have to disable three files for enhanced ORBX airport. There is solution on ORBX forums posted by Holger called somehow like "SoCal compatibility".

I had to do it with v3, but I do not remeber that it was needed for v4. Same problem was with KTNP and something else too KLAX?/KONT? I do not own any 3rd party for that airports.

Hi....I installed Latinvfr KSNA into P3d V4 and experienced the same crashes.

I also have Orbx FTX Global and SoCal installed.

Jiri is correct...the solution is in the ORBX forums....I searched for compatibility issues with LatinVFR KSNA and found instructions on how to "turn off" certain .bgl files in the ORBX scenery for SoCal and to turn off a LC file in the KSNA scenery.....voila, that fixed the problem.  The scenery loads and works fine now.

Hope this answer works for you.  Cheers.

9 hours ago, p3dnerd said:

Hi....I installed Latinvfr KSNA into P3d V4 and experienced the same crashes.

I also have Orbx FTX Global and SoCal installed.

Jiri is correct...the solution is in the ORBX forums....I searched for compatibility issues with LatinVFR KSNA and found instructions on how to "turn off" certain .bgl files in the ORBX scenery for SoCal and to turn off a LC file in the KSNA scenery.....voila, that fixed the problem.  The scenery loads and works fine now.

Hope this answer works for you.  Cheers.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107877-sca-compatibility-with-latinvrf-ksna-john-wayne-airport/#comment-970842

Here's what Holger says:

Update Dec 22: If you're using LatinVFR KSNA in P3D it installs an additional landclass file that needs to be deactivated:

DEACTIVATE: (by renaming from .bgl to .bgl.off)  

>>> in \LatinVFR\OrangeCo_KSNA\Scenery

LC_1620.bgl.OFF

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

On 7/4/2017 at 5:31 PM, flyblueskies said:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107877-sca-compatibility-with-latinvrf-ksna-john-wayne-airport/#comment-970842

Here's what Holger says:

Update Dec 22: If you're using LatinVFR KSNA in P3D it installs an additional landclass file that needs to be deactivated:

DEACTIVATE: (by renaming from .bgl to .bgl.off)  

>>> in \LatinVFR\OrangeCo_KSNA\Scenery

LC_1620.bgl.OFF

Where do I find his file?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

9 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Where do I find his file?

For me, it's located in my P3DV4 directory, under  "\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\LatinVFR\OrangeCounty_KSNA\Scenery"

Mp7Xj6P.jpg

Thanks.  I did the changes and flew into SNA without CTD.  However, in doing the changes, I don't have any jet bridges anymore.  Is that the downside?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive